• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

David Neeleman is NOW my hero!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Another selling point is that these are jobs that you cannot outsource.

:beer:

Another selling point is that these are jobs that you cannot outsource.

Excellent point!

Many billions of dollars and tens of thousands of jobs for Americans and not funding Hezbollah.

I saw that speech by Neelman too. Why this fantastic idea is sitting on the sidelines of the mainstream media is absolutely beyond me. This is a big idea and big news and should be a centerpoint discussion.

You can all either complain on this board or do something. I am contacting my Congreessman and Senators today, with a cut and paste of this article.

mannyaplus11 said:
You can all either complain on this board or do something. I am contacting my Congreessman and Senators today, with a cut and paste of this article.

I'm doing the same. Another point not made is that after 10 years and the potential for oil independance with CLF a proven commodity, excess production can be sold on the international market. There are numerous countries out there that could benefit from the purchase of a low cost energy alternative, and the US could reep the benefits.

Here, I'll make it easy for you to contact your Congressman:

http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/

And your Senator:

http://www.senate.gov/

People forget about partisanship, this issue is too important!

jetstream said:
I'm not so sure this is the answer. Has anyone flown over West Virginia lately and looked and the effects of strip mining coal. Not pretty. Besides we will still be burning a fossil fuel and putting all those greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. I think there is a better answer out there i.e. ethanol, hydrogen, etc. Heck, their is even technology to make fuel from cow and pig dung.

To wean this country off of fossil fuels owned by repressive dictatorships who love having us by the balls, we will have to consider all avenues for alternatives to importing oil.

Strip mining is ugly. We'll have to make it worthwhile for companies to work harder to cover up their mess. Yes, we'll still be burning fossil fuels/carbon-based fuels but we can't change our massive system overnight.

The number one priority should be to end our dependence on foreign sources of energy. The U.S. Dollar should not be our number one export. TC

Wow this board has really swung around. I have to give Friedman a little credit for making Green the new Red White and Blue. I think this is a terrible idea. I would like to see oil hit $100+ a barrel. The only way you get off the crack pipe is if you can't afford it. Even then you will try to sell your kids things and break into houses to get your fix. Sure coal is cheap and abundant now but if we get oil to $30 or gas to $1 we all now how the american public reacts.
I would also like to make a mention of global warming. I know everyone on this site thinks it doesn't exist or humans can't do it. Global warming in my view is the real kick in the balls not $4 at the gas pump.

Latest resources

Back