David Neeleman is NOW my hero!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
atafan said:
Yeah, that's the direction I want to go.

I know Europe what a crap hole. Small cars and sensible food portions. Europe is light years ahead of the US on this whole energy thing. Europe also does a better job of protecting the environment.

Europe isn't perfect but we could learn a lot from them.

Crash Pad said:
I know Europe what a crap hole. Small cars and sensible food portions. Europe is light years ahead of the US on this whole energy thing. Europe also does a better job of protecting the environment.

Europe isn't perfect but we could learn a lot from them.
Some parts of Europe. They still have the highest per capita use of diesel. I believe close to 60% of the autos sold there are diesel the last few years. And this is not the clean diesel engines the USA will get in the next few years.

:pimp:

A financially strong America has done more damage to the environment globally than anything else in the world.

I knew you were an American hater. That's right America is the root cause of all the evil in the world.

This explains most of your previous posts over the year.

Crash Pad said:
Iran doesn't have the money to keep oil in house for a year. They can stop selling to us but it is a global comodity. Iran has one source of money and that is oil. 50% of that money goes to paying off the people with subsidised everything. The rest is play money they use for nukes or funding hezbulah. Further gas goes up 2 cents for every dollar. I don't think Iran could trigger oil hitting $200. On a side note 6-7 a gallon would be the best thing that ever happened this country.
Russia/China would veto any type UN sanction resolution wanted by USA. Compromise of some sort would work best but this only works if Iran feels they are between a rock and hard place....hardly the case.

Oil hitting $150-200 per barrel is a possibility under an expanded scenerio. In a "nothing to lose" philosophy, they could stop oil shipments and rocket the export platforms in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. Who do you think would crack first?

Since the US has been sanctioning Iran for the past 27 years, they know how to get around many sanctions. One of the biggest problems facing Iran on sanctions is refined oil.....they need to import gasoline. This, plus subsidies for their general populist may start an uprising from within. Final decisions on just how they will respond to UN sanctions will be made by the religious Ayatolla's.

atafan said:
I knew you were an American hater. That's right America is the root cause of all the evil in the world.

This explains most of your previous posts over the year.

Hold on I had to jump into my volvo and run to the whole foods to grab some berries. I'm holding an American Flag burning at my house. All my liberal friends are coming.

I am the one on this site saying that $200 oil would be good for America. Yes it would be uncomfortable in the short term but in the long term here are some of the benefits.
1. We will stop using petroleum
2. Iran will run out of money for hezbulah and it's weapons program
3. It will reduce future tensions between us and China/India over future resources.
4. We can bring the troops home and leave the middle east as it was meant to be. A third world crap hole with nothing to offer.
5. It will cut Osama funding.
6. Greatly reduce terrorism for two reasons. One we will not be the empire in there back yard. Two they won't have enough money to buy a camel let alone a bomb of any kind.
7. Reduction in green house gasses

That is just a few of the items going green can bring to the table. So atafan I just have one question. Is it Freedom you hate or just America in general?

I gotta run all my friends in Hollywood who tell me how to think are going to be on ET next.

lowecur said:
Russia/China would veto any type UN sanction resolution wanted by USA. Compromise of some sort would work best but this only works if Iran feels they are between a rock and hard place....hardly the case.

Oil hitting $150-200 per barrel is a possibility under an expanded scenerio. In a "nothing to lose" philosophy, they could stop oil shipments and rocket the export platforms in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. Who do you think would crack first?

Since the US has been sanctioning Iran for the past 27 years, they know how to get around many sanctions. One of the biggest problems facing Iran on sanctions is refined oil.....they need to import gasoline. This, plus subsidies for their general populist may start an uprising from within. Final decisions on just how they will respond to UN sanctions will be made by the religious Ayatolla's.

At 150-200 a bbl, demand will disappear. Less demand, lower price. This will happen long before it gets to 150 a bbl. Damn, are we in for another peak oil thread?

Either way you look at things, this country has to stop it's addiction to foreign oil. It used to be a catchy feel good phrase, but the political instability that continues to spiral out of control is going to hurt us real hard sooner or later.

I would love to see us in a position to tell all the rags heads to keep their oil and watch their economies collapse.

Last edited:
crashpad,

First: I apologize for the personal attack, I'm sure you love this country in your own way but everyone of your points are flawed and I don't have the time for that now, maybe someone else can help me out.

Secondly:
So atafan I just have one question. Is it Freedom you hate or just America in general?
This in my minds is the core difference between conservatives and liberals. I believe that America is and has been the driving force in the world for good. Is America perfect? Of course not. I make no excuses for my country and am NOT embarassed by my country only some of it's countrymen. I view our government not as a separate entity but a living breathing representation of it's population. I will defend the honor of this country at any cost.

P.S. Yes I'm one of those few that still take my hat off and hold my hand over my heart when the [SIZE=-1]National Anthem is played.[/SIZE]

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back