Dang, ASA calling me everyday!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

There's currently a pilot shortage...............and a glut, all at the same time. There is a glut of older, experienced pilots (furloughees, stiff competition for CAL, Alaska, etc.) and a severe shortage of younger, less experienced pilots, with many regionals/commuters desperate for pilots (Comair lowering mins, Pinnacle PAYING in training!).

Oh, and on the war thing. It is ironic that we helped defeat fascist Italy in WWII, only to be conquered and fascistisized (I made that word up) by the Bush Administration (or maybe I should say the Cheney Administration?).

Q: What's the difference between G.W. Bush and Mussolinni?
A: Mussolinni was Italian.

cliff
GRB

Dude- You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Take the leap- you can't steal second with your foot on first. Take the job and see if it pans out, if not, then go back to 142 training. I think we're going to be alright once we get this thing signed, and we're on the downhill side of it now. Although, don't be suprised if you see us go into a 30 day cooling off period to start supermediated negotiations. This is going to be a last minute deal for our new contract.

The waters fine, come on in!

Thanks, you helped answer his question in one word.....'Dude'!
This man would be subjected to being called "dude' and listening to how you almost made it with a stewardess because he's strapped in yanking the gear for the Chuck Yeager of Tiny-Town.

Last edited:
Here's what to do: Pick up the phone, and ask them what first-year pay is. Then laugh really hard and hang up.

I did that when Comair sent me an email for an interview (I've got one of those universal apps that targets a dozen airlines).. So I told them (my exact words).. "Are you kidding? I made that working at Signature as a Ramper in 1995"

Answer.. sorry, it's a union position and we cannot do anything about it.

I love it! Blame the union for low wages!

Latest resources

Back