Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

learflyer

Time to drill Congress!
I am currently a FAR 142 sim/ground instructor. I kinda miss flying. I'm tempted to answer the phone. Would I be crazy to go there?:eek:

Time for ASA to have a tough time filling their classes. May this continue across the industry until companies start to actually have to attract candidates with benefits and pay.

Time for ASA to have a tough time filling their classes. May this continue across the industry until companies start to actually have to attract candidates with benefits and pay.

This looks like it will become the trend. As the industry becomes more competitive, hopefully it will result in the regionals competing for pilots. This will drive wages up (in theory). It's nice to see companies like American Eagle and ASA begging for pilots because they can't fill classes and seats and they know there are better jobs beginning to open up in the industry. Whether it's Fractionals, Corporate, or Charter, these jobs are opening up and most of them pay double what you can make flying for some of these crummy regionals.

Now would not be a crazy time to come to ASA. Just as it is a smart move to buy a stock at rock bottom.

Apparently SkyWest is benefitting from the ASA purchase agreement and Delta is close to being in non compliance with the requirement that they provide SkyWest with a certain percentage of new flying. Delta has given so much to Republic / Shuttle America and Mesa / Freedom that the percentages are at the limit.

Now I have no idea if SkyWest, or ASA, will operate the 12 Comair 700's, but on paper it looks like those airplanes should come to ASA in order to be in compliance. However, SkyWest and Delta could mutually agree to change things any time they mutually agree to screw ALPA, which probably is a pretty easy agreement for them.

The ASA pilots are hanging tough on no concessions for growth. So who knows, but ASA looks better than it has, just because things could not have gotten any worse without renaming the Company "Mesaba."

Speaking of Freedom, I saw a couple pilots and some delivery guy carrying computers into the terminal from the ramp near D31, are they getting a crew lounge in D concourse?

Here's what to do: Pick up the phone, and ask them what first-year pay is. Then laugh really hard and hang up.

Also, it could be scheduling trying to junior man you. Be careful.

:laugh: Cool, already hired I guess! Where were all of these phone calls about 12-15 yrs ago when it would have been a no brainer? Besides, i'm 35 yrs old now, and i'm sure i'd feel old next to you whipper snappers in the left seat;)

Dude- You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Take the leap- you can't steal second with your foot on first. Take the job and see if it pans out, if not, then go back to 142 training. I think we're going to be alright once we get this thing signed, and we're on the downhill side of it now. Although, don't be suprised if you see us go into a 30 day cooling off period to start supermediated negotiations. This is going to be a last minute deal for our new contract.

The waters fine, come on in!

Latest resources

Back