• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DALPA elects new officers from DAL/NWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe only around 300 or so have to be furloughed to get to a NWA 2001 newhire, which would cause said scope/seat trigger.

The way they built the list actually made it much more difficult to furlough (our scope trigger plus the CPZ flow).

January 17, 2009

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]D[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]ELTA [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]P[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]ILOTS[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]’ U[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]NION [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]E[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]LECTS [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]N[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]EW [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]O[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]FFICERS [/FONT]

Captain Lee Moak, a New York based international 767 pilot,
Captain Jim Van Sickle, an Anchorage-based 747-200 pilot,
Captain Bob Hesselbein, a Detroit-based A-320 pilot, Captain Kingsley Roberts, an Atlanta-based 737-800 pilot,

Captain Moak was...

Captain Van Sickle was...

Captain Hesselbein was...

Captain Roberts was...

...stated Captain Moak.

All these guys parents named them 'Captain'. Weird.

If you were there you would understand. Like I said I have tried to say hello to several of you guys and I always get a cold response. One guy just looked at me and turned his head away. Maybe it's me and my lack of deodorant, who knows.

Or maybe they know that you're a complete ***********************************!:laugh: :laugh:

Interesting that they're all former military.
I know, very biased isn't it? I guess its because those were the only pilots DAL and NWA could "scrounge up" during the 1980s. But remember, that bias works both ways, for some reason you see very few Cessna pilots dropping their mighty 300 lb. bomb loads on hardened targets in Iraq or Afganistan. And you civilian Cessna pilots manage to avoid night carrier landings altogether, -must be nice. I know it's at the forefront of every military pilot's mind: "Why don't we turn over the leadership roles at the major airlines to our younger, spike-haired, Embry-Riddle-graduate, civilian pilots, -who are much better suited and qualified, afterall, what with their 'aviation management' degrees and all."

Interesting that they're all former military.

Thats all DAL hires..well them and Women..

Ive been flying in the Delta System for two years.. And I can only count on 1 and a half hands the times Ive seen a pilot who is a minority(non-Caucasian). And one doesn't count cuz I saw him at a OBAP meeting.

I know, very biased isn't it? I guess its because those were the only pilots DAL and NWA could "scrounge up" during the 1980s. But remember, that bias works both ways, for some reason you see very few Cessna pilots dropping their mighty 300 lb. bomb loads on hardened targets in Iraq or Afganistan. And you civilian Cessna pilots manage to avoid night carrier landings altogether, -must be nice. I know it's at the forefront of every military pilot's mind: "Why don't we turn over the leadership roles at the major airlines to our younger, spike-haired, Embry-Riddle-graduate, civilian pilots, -who are much better suited and qualified, afterall, what with their 'aviation management' degrees and all."

Not following what you are trying to say.

Are you former military trying to flame civilian pilots?

If you are a military pilot, nobody was forcing you to make night carrier landings. You volunteered for it. If you did, I commend you for the skill and aptitute it takes to perform that maneuver. You have my respect. Seriously.

Now that we are done patting you on the back (which is what you are going for) ...

Have you ever head of something called mutual respect? It works great at the airlines, especially when you need to work on a problem in the cockpit.

Most of the military pilots I fly with understand this as I know they try to emphasize the team building concept in the military.

If you are in the National Guard / Reserve, thank you for your continuing service. In fact thank you for what you have done to protect our country. If you are full time Delta pilot maybe just tone it back a little and try to realize you are in a different realm now and you don't need to flex your muscles anymore.

Us spikey-haired civilian guys can lead this union too. We have skills too that don't need to be justified to you or any other pompous I'm-better-than-you-pilot.

Have a good one.

Not following what you are trying to say.

Are you former military trying to flame civilian pilots?

If you are a military pilot, nobody was forcing you to make night carrier landings. You volunteered for it. If you did, I commend you for the skill and aptitute it takes to perform that maneuver. You have my respect. Seriously.

Now that we are done patting you on the back (which is what you are going for) ...

Have you ever head of something called mutual respect? It works great at the airlines, especially when you need to work on a problem in the cockpit.

Most of the military pilots I fly with understand this as I know they try to emphasize the team building concept in the military.

If you are in the National Guard / Reserve, thank you for your continuing service. In fact thank you for what you have done to protect our country. If you are full time Delta pilot maybe just tone it back a little and try to realize you are in a different realm now and you don't need to flex your muscles anymore.

Us spikey-haired civilian guys can lead this union too. We have skills too that don't need to be justified to you or any other pompous I'm-better-than-you-pilot.

Have a good one.

Heyas Red,

He's a flammer.

I know the LEC 1 CA rep, and he's civilian, and definately NOT spikey haired.

Nu

Latest resources

Back