• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DALPA elects new officers from DAL/NWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've been treated the same way. F*ck em. I just avoid eye contact now, and pretend they are not there.

Nice reply. How will you handle this come this April?

You probably don't care but you want to know how I handle it? The next NWA pilot I walk past I still smile and say HI. Why? Because I treat everyone with respect and as an individual. I don't mistreat someone for what someone else has done. It will get you much further than F_CK them.

Last edited:
Nice reply. How will you handle this come this April?

You probably don't care but you want to know how I handle it? The next NWA pilot I walk past I still smile and say HI. Why? Because I treat everyone with respect and as an individual. I don't mistreat someone for what someone else has done. It will get you much further than F_CK them.

Lol. If a Delta pilot goes out of his way to talk to me, I will be extremely polite to him. That being said, I am done initiating conversation.

Last month spent a nice van ride with a whole fnwa crew, even showed them where to have fun/where to hang out... I think we all have our off days, so just keep on smilin' cuz we're family:)

Last month spent a nice van ride with a whole fnwa crew, even showed them where to have fun/where to hang out... I think we all have our off days, so just keep on smilin' cuz we're family:)

Most of the FD crews I have run into are great guys. Yeah sure there is a bit of two dog's sniffing each other, but at the end of the day we have a lot more in common than we have differences.

I can see why. I lost almost 7 years of seniority. Wouldn't you be a bit miffed. OK donaldd can you explain to me how you lost 7 years of seniority? Are you not in the same exact position on your premerger list that you were before. Meaning no one on YOUR list jumped over the top of you. Now are you not pretty darn close to your relative seniority on the combined list as you were on the premerger list. Meaning if you were 20% off the bottom before the merger then you are now 20% off the bottom of the post merger list.

The 2000/2001 NWA hires got ROYALLY screwed in the SLI. This is an emotional response from being furloughed, I was furloughed also. For some reason, that is not a part of ALPA merger policy, people believe that they should go ahead of everyone that was hired post furlough and post 911. The unfortunate part for you at FNWA, is that we outpaced you in hiring post 911. The FNWA guys are at their same relative seniority, however the FDAL hire next to them happen to have a date of hire of 2007.

So donaldd, were you hired in the 2000-2001 timeframe? We have some pilots here, due to the different hiring cycles at the premerger companies, not only lose about 2% of relative seniority but also get mergered with people hired at your company 4 years after they were hired at Delta. These guys also had to endure three years of furlough from 93-96.

OK donaldd can you explain to me how you lost 7 years of seniority? Are you not in the same exact position on your premerger list that you were before. Meaning no one on YOUR list jumped over the top of you. Now are you not pretty darn close to your relative seniority on the combined list as you were on the premerger list. Meaning if you were 20% off the bottom before the merger then you are now 20% off the bottom of the post merger list.
So donaldd, were you hired in the 2000-2001 timeframe? We have some pilots here, due to the different hiring cycles at the premerger companies, not only lose about 2% of relative seniority but also get mergered with people hired at your company 4 years after they were hired at Delta. These guys also had to endure three years of furlough from 93-96.

I am saying I lost almost 7yrs seniority due to the fact that the DAL pilots directly above me on the list were hired 7 yrs after I was hired at NWA. My peers at DAL(those hired the same time I was hired at NWA) are 800 numbers senior to me. I would have been more senior on the combined list had I gotten hired at DAL 6 months after getting recalled to NWA from a 5+ year furlough. Nowhere else on the combined list is there more of a disparity in seniority than at the 2000/2001 NWA hire level.

When you look at relative seniority pre/post combined list I am withing +/-1%. This is where I think the arbitrators were a bit lazy in their decision due to the fact they did not take anything else into account. I was to retire in the top 50 at NWA. Now I will be lucky to retire in the top 500 at DAL. It will be 15 years from now before I am halfway up the list. At NWA we had a whole bunch of future attrition due to retirements that we will now never see that jump in seniority as a result. You at DAL got a big boost due to the pre-bankruptcy lump sum retirees. That is the main reason why post 9/11 hiring outpaced NWA's. Now you are going to reap the benefits of those future NWA retirements. In a sense, double dipping the way I see it.

You say my response is "emotional" from being furloughed. I will not deny that. However, I do think that 5+ yrs. of furlough should have meant something in the arbitrators final decision. If furloughs come down the pike after SOC I will be furloughed ahead of some 27yr old new hire(not that age has anything to do with seniority--just putting things into perspective).

I think if you are unbiased and look at things from an outsiders perspective you can see how my career expectations have been completely shot. It is what it is and I have accepted that. I just don't like hearing how I am much better off after SLI than before. I think you can see where we 2000/2001 NWA hires got the short end of the stick.

I think if you are unbiased and look at things from an outsiders perspective you can see how my career expectations have been completely shot. .

You got an outsiders perspective. Actually you got three outsiders perspectives. They were called arbitrators. They didn't have a dog in the race and came up with what they, from a neutral point, called a fair list. It must be fair because no one is jumping for joy on this side of the fence either.

You got an outsiders perspective. Actually you got three outsiders perspectives. They were called arbitrators.

Hey man. I know that. I was simply pointing out that they were a bit lazy in their decision by not taking certain things into account. Like I said, I think that if any portion of the sen. list could be called the least fair it would be at the 2000/2001 NWA hire level.

I am not angry anymore. It was frustrating at first. I have accepted it. I was just pointing things out that I feel the arbitrators should have considered.

As long as we are all safe from furlough it will make it much easier to deal with. The both of us having gone through furloughs in the past, I think we can both say we don't wish that on anyone. Let's pray that doesn't happen to any of us. I do sincerely wish all of us the best.

The scope seat trigger makes it financially painful for DAL to furlough you before or after SOC.

Latest resources

Back