DALPA counter proposal- pay attn NWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IB6 UB9 said:
It will be interesting if you practise what you've been preaching on here. I know you know what I mean.

My vote is locked and loaded.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hair-on-Fire said:
Don't forget that UAL replaced the pensions with new retirement plans, so the savings is not the whole $645 million.

But, the savings was fairly large per year regardless, and Delta has not figured any of that into the savings equation. And, our Pension obligations are a heck of a lot more than United's. We currently owe $10.6 billion, with the PBGC responsible for $8.4 billion of that. That is more than the $6 billion or so United gave to the PBGC.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Buckaroo said:
Why don’t the Delta pilots just demand “United +1%”. Heck, it worked for them last time!

You were reading my mind....

what goes around, comes around.

I really don't think they will strike. Too many pilots on the property with too many bills to pay. It's not like they are in a position to run out and get another job in their profession.

I just don't see it happening. Too many would scab, and it would ultimately fail. I see ALPA rolling over on this...again...

Last edited:
Buckaroo said:
You say Tomayto, I say Tomahto. Same difference, sport.

You are wrong. Since when do you "have to" fly overtime? That is what it amounted to.

Bye Bye--General Lee

RS6 said:
You were reading my mind....

what goes around, comes around.

Man you're cool. Sounds like you deserve very little.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
Man you're cool. Sounds like you deserve very little.

Bye Bye--General Lee

C'mon General Lee, why don't you guys demand United +1% and march in mindless lockstep a block from headquarters like you did last time?

It will work again, trust me!

Hey GL
Did you read "Airline without a pilot" ? by Harry Nolan Jr.
Great book on the DAL recent failure. I got it online for like $25. Really shows how Gerry was asleep at the wheel when he was on the DAL board compensation panel when Leo packed all those golden parachutes. It does a good job documenting all the things the guys on the DAL forum have been saying. I highly recommend it.
Adios - Banger

banger said:
Hey GL
Did you read "Airline without a pilot" ? by Harry Nolan Jr.
Great book on the DAL recent failure. I got it online for like $25. Really shows how Gerry was asleep at the wheel when he was on the DAL board compensation panel when Leo packed all those golden parachutes. It does a good job documenting all the things the guys on the DAL forum have been saying. I highly recommend it.
Adios - Banger

Nah, I was here the whole time WATCHING it. This whole deal now with concessions is to see what is fair. I am for giving up some pay to help the company, but not a dime over what really is needed. This is a total grab bag, they are going for everything. I enjoy my job, but I won't become a slave. Most of us feel the same I believe. Sure, there could be a lot of umemployed pilots after a strike, but the same goes with a bunch of unemployed management types that are making a killing right now, and many creditors getting very little for their investment. I think the $91 million offer is just the start of some intense negotiations. If it all doesn't work out for me, maybe I will start a computer service called "ASK GENERAL LEE"--and I will dole out advice on love, investments, and airline hiring. I think it will be as big as Google. Am I right people? Sure I am.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
I think we will. And, there are way too many people who make a lot of money off of our gravy train, so they may pressure the company to settle. You don't just roll over and let them grab everything. They told the judge they needed $325 million worth, and then they ask for what really amounts to double that, and then doesn't negotiate. Sorry.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I think Delta is sick and tired of DALPA dragging their feet on negotiations the whole time all the other employee groups have taken cuts. I don't blame them taking this to the judge, if left up to DALPA you guys would dick with this for the next 18 months.

And remember General toolee, you are supposed to blame all these problems on RJ's.

CFIT said:
I think Delta is sick and tired of DALPA dragging their feet on negotiations the whole time all the other employee groups have taken cuts. I don't blame them taking this to the judge, if left up to DALPA you guys would dick with this for the next 18 months.

And remember General toolee, you are supposed to blame all these problems on RJ's.

So right you are! The RJs have NOT helped our situation at all, and companies like SkyWest have been "insulated" (a la Ron Reber) from high fuel costs, leaving us with the bill. Without those savings, SkyWest would be the next Indy Air.

So, we are draggin our feet, huh? I guess you have never thought that a management could TAKE ADVANTAGE of the only union at a large company? Nah, you aren't that smart to think of that. And, the other employees cuts aren't even close to what we have taken. (% wise) Sure, they like to add that they have had huge health care additions plus the 10% pay cuts. So have we, plus 33% pay cuts. They don't tell you that. They seem to add the healthcare additions to their cuts, and think we haven't had the same. Wrong. Have a great one!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back