• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DALPA: "Clear out lockers" (merged)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good luck on the job hunt Delta pilots. Get in line with the ticket agents, bag chuckers, and VP's at McD's when you are all jobless.

I heart unions :rolleyes:

Groundpounder said:
Good luck on the job hunt Delta pilots. Get in line with the ticket agents, bag chuckers, and VP's at McD's when you are all jobless.

Why would we take our college degrees and graduate degrees to McD's? Get a life!

Groundpounder said:

I hear ya there man. Pretty selfish of one group to think they have the right to throw all the other employees on the street. Time for a revamping of the RLA.

D'Angelo said:
I hear ya there man. Pretty selfish of one group to think they have the right to throw all the other employees on the street. Time for a revamping of the RLA.

And to think, somewhere there's a village without its idiot!

800 dog not to flame or cause a roit here, but if a Delta pilot has been out of college an average of 25 years (Figuring the average DAL pilot is 47 years old). The value of a college degree in the job market looses a lot of its job seeking power. I have a BS and a Master's in business and have looked for jobs outside of aviation in my early 50's, there is not many jobs out there. I use the example of my college degreed brother at GM in management, been there almost 28 years does not make as much as the new proposed DAL salaries. So for all the DAL guys who think they will jump into something close to what they are making now when they shut the place down, good luck. Let us know how the job hunt went.

pilotyip said:
800 dog not to flame or cause a roit here, but if a Delta pilot has been out of college an average of 25 years (Figuring the average DAL pilot is 47 years old). The value of a college degree in the job market looses a lot of its job seeking power. I have a BS and a Master's in business and have looked for jobs outside of aviation in my early 50's, there is not many jobs out there. I use the example of my college degreed brother at GM in management, been there almost 28 years does not make as much as the new proposed DAL salaries. So for all the DAL guys who think they will jump into something close to what they are making now when they shut the place down, good luck. Let us know how the job hunt went.

I agree. Those on here saying to STFD and just go on to another profession are foolish. Nobody will be able to just jump out and make anything close to what they would make, even after concessions..

pilotyip said:

It will be a shock even if they try to stay in the flying game. I had a friend at Singapore when things at EAL were going bad. Quite a few EAL guys tried to make the transition to SIA. My friend's comment was that the EAL guys were untrainable. It is not about ability, it is about the difference in culture among the airlines.

h25b said:
I agree. Those on here saying to STFD and just go on to another profession are foolish. Nobody will be able to just jump out and make anything close to what they would make, even after concessions..

I don't work for delta, but I think a lot of the guys/gals that this does effect realize that. I can't help but not support a work group that is willing to possibly speak with action and not just words. Especially when the paycuts, concessions, work rule adjustments have allready been given back and then to read about the jacka$$es at the rudder funneling millions on real important cost cutting programs, etc.. remodeling atl airport, I'm sure the new club clown room is spectacular.
I guess the bottom line is, after several years of working nights, holidays, weekends, commuting, expenses, being away from family a ton, laid off, furloughed multiple times, moving more times than would care too,
It's not worth it!!! The love of aviation crap, drained from the blood a couple furloughs back.
Give em hell DALPA

Go DALPA, do what you have to do. You have my respect.

Our own APA had our moments in the past... the strike cancelled by slick willie, when the UPS strike, which did infinitely more "damage to the economy", went unnoticed by the govt. in Washington... the disastrous "sick out" which was crushed by a judge. We have since grown compliant and malleable. Ignore the bleating sheep here who aren't mainline pilots. It's your job and by extension our profession you fight for.

The guys who claim "It'll be McDonalds for you buddy!" are just wrong. 2/3 of the furloughed AA pilots, when asked, said "I'm not coming back." They have found good employment elsewhere, some flying, others in professional jobs.

D'Angelo said:

This guy must be Mgmt. Thank you Delta guys for drawing the line in the sand and sticking to it. Best of luck guys.

Skywest does NOT fly struck work.

Latest resources

Back