DALPA: "Clear out lockers" (merged)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
D'Angelo said:
Famous last words as one pilot group falls on their sword and another one swoops in to take the flying. Thats the problem theres always somewhere out there in todays environment ready to do so. Do you guys really think that no one will fly delta routes once they are liquidated if the strike does happen?

Your all living in a dream world if you actually think there would ever be a nationwide strike. All these people are egging you delta guys on because they want your flying when you liquidate. I say make it every man for himself. Take the cuts now and try to make it up later! Its the only way to fly

Get a clue man! It's not about taking their flying, it's about saying enough is enough! Industrywide we have all been bending over and taking it, well finally someone has gotten up enough sack to say, No!

Delta guys you have my support! Good luck.

Best of luck on the strike Delta. If you strike and wanna get away for a bit PM me as my parents own a small hotel just out of Sydney and i'm sure I can arrange some free accomodation for out striking brethren (They have just started their winter slow season).

cheers

inthewind said:
Get a clue man! It's not about taking their flying, it's about saying enough is enough! Industrywide we have all been bending over and taking it, well finally someone has gotten up enough sack to say, No!

Delta guys you have my support! Good luck.
If they want to survive, they will have to come down to the likes of UA, US, NWA, whatever. Just don't give up anymore than what is already given up. Liquidating will increase LCC traffic, which in turn will lower unit cost for the LCC'S and stress the majors once again. If Delta pilots don't want to bargin, then it is up to them to decide what to do. You can't tell anyone to fall on their own sword for something you gave up before them, just because it will help you.

The only way we all win is we all ALL SAY EOUGH IS ENOUGH...Stand beside your fellow pilot and support their cause...because in reality it is ALL OUR CAUSE!!!!!

As someone who will loose my job if you strike-- I say --please, please, please--hold the line--Someone has to stand up for this profession!!

PC12Cowboy said:
The only way we all win is we all ALL SAY EOUGH IS ENOUGH...Stand beside your fellow pilot and support their cause...because in reality it is ALL OUR CAUSE!!!!!

Someone who gets it. Beers are on me.

kiteflyer said:
As someone who will loose my job if you strike-- I say --please, please, please--hold the line--Someone has to stand up for this profession!!

Another one who gets it. I'll buy you a round also.

PC12Cowboy said:

Another sheep to the slaughter. How long do you think itd take AirTran or Southwest to start replacing those routes after liquidation? Answer not long at all and the bar still isnt held. No way to win this fight. Take the cut and live to fight another day is the best solution. It worked for Airways and United. We are clearly in an over-capacity situation right now. The flying is easily replaceable once delta liquidates. No one will remember nor appriciate. If there was a shortage I could understand. The reason people are cheering the delta guys on is they want someone outta the loop so they can get more flying for themselves. No more brotherhood, no more unity, every man for himself is the name of this game!

D'Angelo said:
Another sheep to the slaughter. How long do you think itd take AirTran or Southwest to start replacing those routes after liquidation? Answer not long at all and the bar still isnt held. No way to win this fight. Take the cut and live to fight another day is the best solution. It worked for Airways and United. We are clearly in an over-capacity situation right now. The flying is easily replaceable once delta liquidates. No one will remember nor appriciate. If there was a shortage I could understand. The reason people are cheering the delta guys on is they want someone outta the loop so they can get more flying for themselves. No more brotherhood, no more unity, every man for himself is the name of this game!
Hey smartguy, when is the last time a 737 flew ATL to Moscow or Paris?

Latest resources

Back