• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DALPA: "Clear out lockers" (merged)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can't imagine flying without a contract....

Without a contract...and inevitably any retirement plan...why not leave? Stay and work 25 days a month, minimal FAA duty protections, and for what..50k a year?

Every pilot at Delta has a college degree....go get a real job. A job that lets you be home every night. Be that business guy in first class drinking the champagne selling whatever for 150K a year.

If it was my call I would not blink about loosing a career with no benefits, no retirement, and no contract....

Good Luck...keep strong.

I consider this situation really sad, no matter what the outcome is. I suspect that if the contract is thrown out that at least 1/2 the workforce will leave eventually making the industry a mess and many of our lives. We will have to move around, switch bases and I'm sure many of us will switch companies. I don't see much reason to make light of the situation. I do wish I was born 30 years ago and my spouse was in the industry back then. At least there would be more financial incentive to fly and do such a strenuous job. After knowing that this job was my spouses passion and love he recently said something that that broke my heart. When asked to talk to an actual airline pilot by a boy of age 12, my spouse said, "I don't konw what to say, tell him to go to med school." I am sad for my spouse's stress, not just my own being married to him in this messy chaotic industry.

What is in the lockers? Brain bag? Good Luck guys...

Glad that you Guys are showing a united front..now if all the other pilots will stop flying MAYBE themanagement will get a clue that all those bonuses go away when there is no money coming in..and they raise the prices to match the fuel costs...people pay more for gas at the pumps and complain but still pay..why do they expect the airline seat prices to go down..oppisite of the fuel cost...UNITED WORK STOPAGE PLEASE..
if not it will be a race to the bottom and it wont be pretty

Delta pilots:

No matter what you do, there will be lots of pain to endure.

Do what you must. Do what you will. However, I see no winners here, as you cannot be a winner in this type of scenario. All you have is your pride and your integrity. And that is the problem. You are damned if you strike to possibly be out of a job, and if you settle you will get hell from the thousands of babies on here who will chastise you for doing what you have to to survive and therefore not give up thousands of hours of flying and jobs to the people on here who want you to fail for their own "gain".....

You have my support no matter what you decide.

A350

Lollie said:
I consider this situation really sad, no matter what the outcome is. I suspect that if the contract is thrown out that at least 1/2 the workforce will leave eventually making the industry a mess and many of our lives. We will have to move around, switch bases and I'm sure many of us will switch companies. I don't see much reason to make light of the situation. I do wish I was born 30 years ago and my spouse was in the industry back then. At least there would be more financial incentive to fly and do such a strenuous job. After knowing that this job was my spouses passion and love he recently said something that that broke my heart. When asked to talk to an actual airline pilot by a boy of age 12, my spouse said, "I don't konw what to say, tell him to go to med school." I am sad for my spouse's stress, not just my own being married to him in this messy chaotic industry.

Learning to fly is still a good thing for someone to do, but, unfortunately your husband's advice is right on the money. The current state of shenanigans between management and pilots is the way it's going to be. Tell the kids to learn to fly for fun and to build confidence but pursue something more viable for a career. You don't have to have a job flying A-B and B-A to benefit from learning to fly.

Give them hell guys, you guys are taking a stand for all of us... i wish this stance would have been taken a few years ago when it first started going down hill. We forget that no matter what America will always need pilots! and yes there are alot of low timers out there to hire, but quality is also an issue to the airlines when the insurance kicks up thier rates due to low timers in jetz.

godspeed DALPA

I'm not a mainline pilot. Not even a regional pilot. I'm just a low time CFI at the Delta's connection airline academy. All I have to say "Take those greedy bastards for all that they have." Get 'em guys!!!!!!!

SWA/FO said:
What is in the lockers? Brain bag? Good Luck guys...

Normally we keep our flight kit in the locker, along with anything else you don't have to take home with you....such as your hat, and that's about all you can fit in there.

We also have "commuter rooms" in the pilot lounge where guys keep their uniforms, shoes, and anything else you could think of that can't fit in your locker.

I'm starting to see empty lockers with the doors left wide open to indicate that they've been cleaned out.

I have a feeling that management will blink first due to their greed. They saw what Tilton and his buddies got when UAL emerged from BK. I'm sure that all of our senior execs want the exact same thing.

Latest resources

Back