Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dalalpa Possibly To Sell Out Scope Clause!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What a joke. They are so mad and strong they are going to hold a meeting with (DRUM ROLL PLEASE)

I have agreed with your one list idea for sometime and if there we're ever a time to do it, it's now. I'm also realistic and if it's not achievable I don't see how we can remain in the same organization as the small jet groups. If it can't be brought together, there is just to much conflict of interest.

On your above quote, I wouldn't be too quick to discount the NWA pilot group. They were successful at attaining 150% pay over 80 last year and have a long history of not being afraid to play hardball with management. They can/will make any deal that screws them that badly, untenable for the new entity. We need to be very careful about what we agree to here, our jobs may depend on it. We're all so quick to say "there's nothing we can do about it", but we're the ones who control the parking brake.

Last edited:
The senior have already sold out the junior without even having the majority vote. AGE 65.

The senior will sell out the junior with or without the majority everyday of the week. It has already happened time and time again.

Age 65
B Scale
Scope
Pay scales post 911
John Prater
Please add those you can think of

That about sums it up!
I guess you can probably add the "I've got mine" crowd, but that would go hand in hand with the senior people screwing the junior people!

First, let me take issue with the name for this thread. If NWA's scope was written properly, the DAL MEC could not sell it out.

Second, I see no indication in any of the articles that scope is being changed other than to allow NWA to operate during a transition period. We are all way too quick to jump to assumptions when in fact, the DAL MEC is most likely approaching this rationally and prepared as has been their previous record on this deal. We are just in a news blackout from our own union to keep the committee's on task instead of distracting them with friendly fire actions on their rear flanks.

Noserider: You are right. I do not discount the ability of the NWA MEC, or their pilots. I was repeating a joke.

It is interesting that you make this point, because others have been voicing the same concern on the other side. With $110 for 55 gallons of unrefined crude, your point is well understood.

I'm not building a hole in the ground with stores of canned food, but many are of that mindset.

The point you raised is my largest uncertainty about these negotiations.

Last edited:
On your above quote, I wouldn't be too quick to discount the NWA pilot group. They were successful at attaining 150% pay over 80 last year and have a long history of not being afraid to play hardball with management. They can/will make any deal that screws them that badly, untenable for the new entity. We need to be very careful about what we agree to here, our jobs may depend on it. We're all so quick to say "there's nothing we can do about it", but we're the ones who control the parking brake.

Thats what i was getting at, a lot of people seem to think the NWA MEC will just sit back and get steamrolled, nothing is further from the truth.

First, let me take issue with the name for this thread. If NWA's scope was written properly, the DAL MEC could not sell it out.

Second, I see no indication in any of the articles that scope is being changed other than to allow NWA to operate during a transition period. We are all way too quick to jump to assumptions when in fact, the DAL MEC is most likely approaching this rationally and prepared as has been their previous record on this deal. We are just in a news blackout from our own union to keep the committee's on task instead of distracting them with friendly fire actions on their rear flanks.

Noserider: You are right. I do not discount the ability of the NWA MEC, or their pilots. I was repeating a joke.

It is interesting that you make this point, because others have been voicing the same concern on the other side. With $110 for 55 gallons of unrefined crude, your point is well understood.

I'm not building a hole in the ground with stores of canned food, but many are of that mindset.

The point you raised is my largest uncertainty about these negotiations.

Sorry, not to 'knit-pick' but there's 42 gallons in a barrel of crude; but you were correct on the price, its still about $110.00 (give or take a buck or two).

Now folks, back to your 'regularily scheduled DAL/NWA rant' (or is that the NWA/DAL rant).

For what its worth.

DA

Superpilot:

The FlightInfo hobby is an extrapolation of that same effort. Take the parts that you know, use occam's razor to figure out the most logical trajectory and launch it out there to get other folks' ideas.

You just don't like it when you are confronted with a fact (like probationary pilots not getting a vote) that does not fit your version of the rumor mill. I Never said that was even a concern of mine. Lets not forget you may not vote either.

However, that is the point of intelligent debate. To figure out what works and what needs improvement. I think most of your Kum Ba Yah posts are a waste of space, but my unity and one list quest has certainly wasted even more bits on some server somewhere.

Your idea of 1 list involving the regionals also is along the same lines as my "kum ba yah" posts. I simply try and post how i believe things should be. Unions in general have done a very poor job in this industry of uniting everyone and i feel that should be changed. Call it "Kum ba Yah" if you like but i dont think you disagree.

Last edited:
Unions in general have done a very poor job in this industry of uniting everyone

Exactly.....so why do we continue to support an organization that fails to even admit that it has failed.....yet alone even try to fix it.....

Because changing it to YOUR version of right is even more wrong.

Edit for misspelling.

True brand scope, transportability of seniority, and contract minimums are wrong? No wonder ALPA is failing......Continue the foodfight while I go get some more popcorn......

True brand scope, transportability of seniority, and contract minimums are wrong? No wonder ALPA is failing......Continue the foodfight while I go get some more popcorn......

Make sure you steal some notes and continue your childish tirade about alpa, and how wonderful your bj girls at the rjdc are.
I'll go get some popcorn too!

Latest resources

Back