• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL Without Internal Rec?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They look at your LORs during the interview. The active line pilot interviewing me knew the Delta pilot who gave me the recommendation.

I had to bring up my LOR during mine. None of them knew my reference... I guess mileage may vary. They did purposefully read the LOR during the interview after I brought it up.

Displaying one's best "blue steel" look apparently works well. ;)

As much as I make fun of the smut that shows up on this site, the heads up I got on the window from here is what I think got me the interview along with a superbly written LOR from a retired family friend. Good luck to all those applying- it truly is a wonderful job.

Last edited:
36-24-38???

Come now, really? That's what gets you going? What do you do for pregame, pass her some pork rinds? I mean, really, that's no moon, that's a space station...

Ugggh...

What's wrong with a little junk in the trunk? :D

You CAN get hired by Delta WITHOUT internal recs.

Two of my friends did.

At CAL it is all about who you know. Like in India or Mexico. And if you are a girl with no PIC and less than 1500 TT but sleeping with a sim instructor you get a preferencial interview no later than first week of hiring.

If you are a son of top wigs in Fligth ops - you don't even need to bother with the regionals, CFI is good enough.

Also if your dad scabbed for CAL you have a good shot too.
Delta is a class airline where you can. Go to carrer fairs!

The did read the letters of rec. In fact the interviewer knew 2 of my recs and he just looked up and said "A recommendation from either of these guys is all I need to see." I sat there and smiled but inside, fireworks were going off and I did a couple of fist pumps and said to myself...show me the money!!!!

Latest resources

Back