DAL Without Internal Rec?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

starcheckdriver

Do the current DAL pilots think an applicant would be much less likely to get an interview without an internal recommendation? Or, is there still a chance?

Do the current DAL pilots think an applicant would be much less likely to get an interview without an internal recommendation? Or, is there still a chance?

From Dumb and Dumber the movie "Give it to me straight Mary. Is there a chance? How about 1 in 100? More like 1 in a Million Loyd. So what you're saying is there's a CHANCE...."

Sure, you have a chance without a rec. The first couple hundred spots will be hard to get, but after that I have heard DL may hire 600+ next year, and not everyone who has a friend on the inside gets hired. I would say if you are qualified, then you do have a chance. Good luck to you.

Bye Bye---General Lee

A former ACP at 9E got hired late in the cycle last time with no internals.

One heck of a resume...

I’m fairly sure that due to equal hiring rules, Delta like most airlines and large companies have moved to a computerized interview selection program. Each of your answers generates a points score and a letter of recommendation is just X amount of points, A candidate without a letter of recommendation may end up have a higher points score then someone with a letter, therefore the person without the letter will get the call for the interview.

During the actual interview is where the letter of recommendation comes into play.

I’m fairly sure that due to equal hiring rules, Delta like most airlines and large companies have moved to a computerized interview selection program. Each of your answers generates a points score and a letter of recommendation is just X amount of points, A candidate without a letter of recommendation may end up have a higher points score then someone with a letter, therefore the person without the letter will get the call for the interview.

During the actual interview is where the letter of recommendation comes into play.

Actually the LOR is what gets you the interview, they don't really even look at it during the interview.

Latest resources

Back