• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL sees more mergers and wants cash on hand to participate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's fine, as long as we fence off SEA, PDX and LAX to the DL guys. Oh yeah, I almost forgot SIT too, you're welcome General ;-)

Can you really fence out routes? I don't think so, that would be up to crew planning who puts out the bid schedules most likely. That would mean you guys could get some of Delta's 737 routes too, like Detroit to Columbus. But, it sure looks like a Delta and AK hookup could happen if there is another round of mergers. Hopefully I someday can be a part of that. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Classic East mentality; "What we have is so valuable and what you bring is crap". After two bankruptcies and near liquidation I'd think you'd start warming up to the idea of your previous model being a failure. The definition of mental illness is repeating the same actions with the expectation of a different result

I hear that argument worked really well for the TWA guys. Then again, they were only ALPA.

Could you imagine if Delta and United join up. That would be four airlines into one name. Northwest, Delta, United and Continental.

Overlapping routes would not allow that, via the Gov't. If 2 airlines want to merge and have Government approval, there has to be very few overlapping routes, and that seems to be the case with Delta and AK.

Can you really fence out routes? I don't think so, that would be up to crew planning who puts out the bid schedules most likely. That would mean you guys could get some of Delta's 737 routes too, like Detroit to Columbus. But, it sure looks like a Delta and AK hookup could happen if there is another round of mergers. Hopefully I someday can be a part of that. Fingers crossed!

You probably can not fence of routes, but SE Alaska is a special qualification. I am not sure you can fit those huge Alaska nuts inside a double breasted, sub commanders suit.

The Alaska guys would be fenced off of any plane larger than a 737 probably.

For a few years probably. Not forever. Alaska's share price is almost $60.00. That's one hell of an expensive acquisition. I don't think anybody has that kind of cash lying around.

For a few years probably. Not forever. Alaska's share price is almost $60.00. That's one hell of an expensive acquisition. I don't think anybody has that kind of cash lying around.

I got $60.... it's right over here. Also, from what I hear, DAL's LAX flying has already been fenced off to AK via codeshare.....

I got $60.... it's right over here. Also, from what I hear, DAL's LAX flying has already been fenced off to AK via codeshare.....

Alaska doesn't have any new or additional flying out of LAX as a result of the DL codeshare.

Didn't WN pay a 50% premium for Airtan? Maybe no one wants to pay $90/share or $3B for AS.

$60/share. Wow- so their marketcap it 5 times what DALs is at $12/share. I didn't realize they were worth so much :rolleyes:

You probably can not fence of routes, but SE Alaska is a special qualification. I am not sure you can fit those huge Alaska nuts inside a double breasted, sub commanders suit.

SE isn't that big of a deal...they had plenty of LAX/SEA guys get forced based up there and after a 3 day OE qual they were qualified. Local knowledge is great, but the operation moves on w/ meat in the seat. DAL guys could be flying the same routes in a week. Let's not think this is rocket science.

Baja.

Latest resources

Back