DAL sees more mergers and wants cash on hand to participate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DieselDragRacer

Delta’s top executive said he expects more consolidation in the industry — even after two mega-mergers in the past two years — and wants to keep enough cash available to be able to participate, AJC reporter Kelly Yamanouchi writes.

Delta executives also told investors Wednesday that they see a “strengthening business environment” that will lift Delta well into the black for the year, Yamanouchi reports.

Chief executive Richard Anderson’s comments at an investor conference came amid reports that the British carrier Virgin Atlantic is seeking potential partners or an investment and that Delta is among potential candidates, according to Sky News in the U.K.

“We’ve got to prepare our balance sheets for future opportunities,” Anderson said during the New York conference, which was webcast. “I think we need to be flexible enough to participate, even through joint ventures or other sorts of arrangements.”

He said he wants to position Atlanta-based Delta “to be able to participate” in the final stages of industry consolidation, Yamanouchi writes.

http://blogs.ajc.com/business-beat/...hope-marta-pepsi/?cxntfid=blogs_business_beat

Next up..............Alaska.

I doubt it. The pilot squabble will prevent UsAir from merging anytime soon. I could see AA picking up some pieces if UsAir collapses though.

There is no more squabbling- mesa west lost their fight in the appeals court. Parker knows this and is divesting out of Phoenix (a worthless hub) and is consolidation CLT, PHL and DCA. The airline will be split- east to AMR and MesaWest to Republic

AMR can't get Useless Air East cheap enough to make it worth taking PHL.

All pain. No gain.

TC

TWAdude--Hope you guys are doing ok. Entertaining thoughts of returning? If so, give me a call.

Latest resources

Back