• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL Regional Feed?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The contract lock in we have with Delta is predicated on cost. It's quite simple, either we are industry average for now, and 2nd cheapest two years from now, or we lose our DCI lock in for the 80% and 15 year agreement. Honestly, right now, it's not looking good with Compass, Pinnacle, and Mesaba in the mix. We may have gotten hosed by the merger.

I've said it many times before, and I'll say it again- Those 900's that Skywest is flying were OURS. On the taxi out when they just started showing up, there was one in front of me with an "EV" tail number and the "Skywest" logo. I'm 100% sure of what I saw, and no one will convince me otherwise.

The only reason we haven't lost aircraft due to cost structure is due to our performance. Right now, our high number are saving our bacon- pure and simple. Yet some want to start a slow down because we aren't getting new airplanes. Sure- slow down and let me know how that works for you in a few months......

In regard to ALPA- there gets to be a point to where it's not about what WAS done, but WHAT DO WE DO NOW! Would things have been different had we had a crystal ball? Perhaps....but how about we do what we need to now- which is run an on time airline, work WITH management to help ensure the long term success of this airline and it's pilots, and concentrate on flying the aircraft we have NOW. Delta will have to worry about where they stick their airplanes, and we have no say in where they go.

After Skywest got those 900's, we were never promissed new airplanes as a result of reaching a T/A. We weren't lied to- we were just told that we were "competative" with this new contract.

Joe,

Were you left behind? It appears you got a nice raise, signing bonus, and a rig like everyone else.

Who was left behind?

We never had 900's. At least I never saw a single one on the ramp. However, we did have ATR's!

By default, you are going to the jet. However, after a few months you will wonder why you didn't bid it before. Life is good at altitude and an aircraft that has some reliability.

The 42 pilots who got paycuts were left behind.

Directly from BH. We had two offers for the -900s. The first time we declined them because we didn't want to give up two 50's for each -900, and the second time because the new DAL mgmt are former NWA mgmt and they wanted them to go to a NWA WO.

Now fuel costs over-shadow labor, and the best thing we can do is save every second of APU and engine fuel burn possible. Pass-through fuel cost is a factor DAL can and will look at when considering our contract.

DAL does like ASA a lot and is impressed with our performance. We now have to put that same effort into our fuel savings.

Last edited:
Won't matter. ASA is the 4th lowest cost lift provider, among the current DCI portfolio. Add Mesaba and Compass and ASA is the 6th lowest. We are waaaaay down on the list to get any new airframes.

Jumpers,

I don't have a problem with the rest of your post. But I do question your airplane recognition skills.

Skywest has 17 CRJ900, and none of them has ever been registered with an EV tail number. You probably won't believe me, so you can search the FAA database. All of them went from the temporary factory canadian registration, to an SK tail number.

Were the 900's destined for ASA? I don't know. But I do know that none of them ever had an EV registration.

Won't matter. ASA is the 4th lowest cost lift provider, among the current DCI portfolio. Add Mesaba and Compass and ASA is the 6th lowest. We are waaaaay down on the list to get any new airframes.

How is it that you guys claim to know what the costs of doing business are at all these carriers? How do you know that ASA is more expensive to run than Mesaba? Personally, I think its a pretty far fetched idea that Mesaba can operate 17 CRJ-200s cheaper than ASA can operate 110 of them regardless of a pilot contract.

If you have studied knowledge of the balance sheets on these carriers please identify that. If your just an armchair executive please make that known so we can ignore you.

Jumpers,

I don't have a problem with the rest of your post. But I do question your airplane recognition skills.

Skywest has 17 CRJ900, and none of them has ever been registered with an EV tail number. You probably won't believe me, so you can search the FAA database. All of them went from the temporary factory canadian registration, to an SK tail number.

Were the 900's destined for ASA? I don't know. But I do know that none of them ever had an EV registration.

I don't need to search the FAA database- I know what I saw......it taxied right in front of me. I still remember the anger I fealt. Say what you wish, what you found on the FAA website, etc- I know what I saw, and I know my aircraft types.

I don't need to search the FAA database- I know what I saw......it taxied right in front of me. I still remember the anger I fealt. Say what you wish, what you found on the FAA website, etc- I know what I saw, and I know my aircraft types.

Are you sure it wasn't a 700? SkyWest operated 4 former ASA birds, originally with EV tail numbers although they were later re-registered to SK.

How is it that you guys claim to know what the costs of doing business are at all these carriers? How do you know that ASA is more expensive to run than Mesaba? Personally, I think its a pretty far fetched idea that Mesaba can operate 17 CRJ-200s cheaper than ASA can operate 110 of them regardless of a pilot contract.

If you have studied knowledge of the balance sheets on these carriers please identify that. If your just an armchair executive please make that known so we can ignore you.

You are exactly right in your post!

They believe what they are fed--tribal rumors from tribal chiefs that don't have their best interest at heart. It seems that about 2 years ago, I remember alot of this "cost too high" mantra being spewed by Brian L. and then the CEO until some of the pilots called B.S. on them and let them know that they were full of H.S. At some point, they stopped coming in because pilots were doing their homework on some of the DOT reports that published financial info that they supplied, that was in direct contradiction to what they were trying to sell in the crew lounge.

Word on the street is Delta is using the Freedom 900s as bait to get rid of 50 seaters. Anyone who wants the planes can have them as long as they give up 2 50s per plane....

Most rumors say the planes are most likely headed to......Mesaba....

Latest resources

Back