• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL Regional Feed?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well it looks like being wholly owned is working well for Comair. NOT!

It's anybodys guess what happens in the next year. Other than Delta is going to have 40% of the RJ fleet.

ASA has improved drastically in the last 9 months. Delta wont even throw us a bone. So doing a good job dosen't help either. It's all about what we cost!

I give it 6 months and we are going to hear we cost to much. Unless oil goes to $60.00 a barrel

701EV

Comair, flying wise at least, will be liquidated by this time next year. Maybe asa will get the 13 or 14 900s comair has.

Find it hard to believe that SkyW wont' be getting a piece of the pie considering the contract JA signed with Delta after the ASA purchase.

There are 17 900's in service for SkyWest now, with 4 more coming for a total of 21 in service for Delta.

(Yeah, just go ahead and ignore the 16 at RAH.) ;)

Do they have more than 70 seats? The Rjet.com website indicates they don't but its not likely to be up to date.

There are 17 900's in service for SkyWest now, with 4 more coming for a total of 21 in service for Delta.

How many seats do they have in them? I know they originally came with 70 and thats what the SkyWest website shows. I have heard they are being converted to 76 seats though. Whats the status?

Do they have more than 70 seats? The Rjet.com website indicates they don't but its not likely to be up to date.

How many seats do they have in them? I know they originally came with 70 and thats what the SkyWest website shows. I have heard they are being converted to 76 seats though. Whats the status?

RAH is replacing the 70 seat 170's one for one with 76 seat 175s (12/64 config)

I can already tell you that ASA management will tell you that. I was told by our boss that we are currently only 4th lowest cost (we are supposed to be 2nd, as you all know).....and that is why Delta will not consider us for 900's. We cost too much. So, all the rah rah go get performance stuff is a smokescreen. It has nothing to do with performance, quality or reliability. Is is soley about cost!

ASA looks to be the odd man out, and hopefully will have a chair when the music stops. Pinnacle and Mesaba are the ones that will get new DCI growth. Not sure how they compare the costs of these company's, that differ so much in size, type of operation, etc...

You know why our 900 program isn't complete? We don't have any airplanes to get it certified.

We had 900s....but they were diverted to Skywest while we held out for more than was reasonable......Don't worry...."No pilot will be left behind".......

I can already tell you that ASA management will tell you that. I was told by our boss that we are currently only 4th lowest cost (we are supposed to be 2nd, as you all know).....and that is why Delta will not consider us for 900's. We cost too much. So, all the rah rah go get performance stuff is a smokescreen. It has nothing to do with performance, quality or reliability. Is is soley about cost!

ASA looks to be the odd man out, and hopefully will have a chair when the music stops. Pinnacle and Mesaba are the ones that will get new DCI growth. Not sure how they compare the costs of these company's, that differ so much in size, type of operation, etc...

The portfolio concept is still alive and well.....ASA and CMR are the two expensive operators.....Cost isn't the only factor....but it is a large factor....

We have a better contract than most....We a relatively senior pilot group....We won't get the growth.....

We wanted the pay and the better contract....Nobody in any portfolio has ever had the best contract and the growth....

We had 900s....but they were diverted to Skywest while we held out for more than was reasonable......Don't worry...."No pilot will be left behind".......

My point was that according to the instructors I talked to, we can't finish our 900 program until we get an airplane to do the required proving runs, etc.

The portfolio concept is still alive and well.....ASA and CMR are the two expensive operators.....Cost isn't the only factor....but it is a large factor....

We have a better contract than most....We a relatively senior pilot group....We won't get the growth.....

We wanted the pay and the better contract....Nobody in any portfolio has ever had the best contract and the growth....

I think the bigger problem is the senior pilot group. Look at the pilot groups that are growing and the pilot groups that are shrinking. The growing ones, contract and pay aside, have relatively junior pilot groups. The shrinking ones have senior pilot groups... ASA, Comair, AE, Horizon.

I truly believe that ASA could have "settled" for the cheapest pilot contract in history, undercutting even Mesa, and we'd still be in the same position. The problem is the upper end of the payscale is expensive regardless of whether you pay $85/hr or $104.

Latest resources

Back