• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dal Q1

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't like your business acumen-but I do like your sense of humor! That there is pretty funny!

You do not have to like it.

I am the first to admit that DAL has made some major mistakes in the past. A few missteps since exiting bankruptcy, but their business plan is sound. I cannot say that of a few others.

They have been very smart with the pulling down of certain European markets, and redeploying those assets. To date they have lead with all of the market decisions, not followed.

I believe in this company to the point that I have invested my own money in it. To date I am in the back by a good margin. It is not because I work here. It is because it is a very good bet.

You do not have to like it.

I am the first to admit that DAL has made some major mistakes in the past. A few missteps since exiting bankruptcy, but their business plan is sound. I cannot say that of a few others.

They have been very smart with the pulling down of certain European markets, and redeploying those assets. To date they have lead with all of the market decisions, not followed.

I believe in this company to the point that I have invested my own money in it. To date I am in the back by a good margin. It is not because I work here. It is because it is a very good bet.

-If you think airline stock is a good buy-ever, that would explain a few things. I know a guy who dumped $40k into the old DAL stock, and that seemed like a reasonable bet at the time-given the company's very strong cash position after 9-11. This guy lost every dime.

-Are you even aware you are investing in a company that is losing more money than United? Is that somehow a good thing? I would recommend you do some serious research on the INTL routes (especially Africa) before you waste more money.

-Maybe those "route planning" guys you seem to be buds with like to gamble-I do not-especially on freaking Africa!

Africa is where the oil is.....

-If you think airline stock is a good buy-ever, that would explain a few things. I know a guy who dumped $40k into the old DAL stock, and that seemed like a reasonable bet at the time-given the company's very strong cash position after 9-11. This guy lost every dime.

-Are you even aware you are investing in a company that is losing more money than United? Is that somehow a good thing? I would recommend you do some serious research on the INTL routes (especially Africa) before you waste more money.

-Maybe those "route planning" guys you seem to be buds with like to gamble-I do not-especially on freaking Africa!

CRJ,
What you fail to realize is that Africa is where the oil is that isn't already developed. As long as our country's energy policy is focused on wind and solar, we will continue to import as much oil as can be shipped. Africa is the last best hope of undeveloped reserves. You need to think strategically. Do you think the government started AFRICOM because they suddenly care about the centuries old political strife in that continent, or realize that there is strategic value in not letting the continent fall under islamic hardline policies.
Luv

Oh and BTW (by the way). If Tanker is really in the military (highly suspect), then he knows what I was talking about.

Africa is where the oil is.....

CRJ,
What you fail to realize is that Africa is where the oil is that isn't already developed. As long as our country's energy policy is focused on wind and solar, we will continue to import as much oil as can be shipped. Africa is the last best hope of undeveloped reserves. You need to think strategically. Do you think the government started AFRICOM because they suddenly care about the centuries old political strife in that continent, or realize that there is strategic value in not letting the continent fall under islamic hardline policies.
Luv

Oh and BTW (by the way). If Tanker is really in the military (highly suspect), then he knows what I was talking about.

CRJ,
Luv

It would be better if we all knew what you were referring to. I somehow get the feeling it was not nice.

-I am not aware that there is more oil in Africa than in Alaska, but maybe so. Still, it doesn't make much sense to shove so many flights into such a place to serve fields which usually take a decade to develop once they are drilled.. I think the new DAL's mgmt. is very much flawed and their resources are misplaced.

-I have opposed the INTL expansion from the beginning. when you dump 40% (roughly) of your eggs into one basket, it should be a pretty freaking strong basket. From the outset it has been obvious to me that the U.S. economy and the INTL routes DAL has bet so heavily on are actually the same thing.

-Did these brainiacs (Steenland and Andersen) actually, really, believe that the U.S. domestic market would tank, and the European market would soar? Really? It appears they did. Does that appear to be a good decision-really?

-Obviously, the world's ecomony is very much inter-twined with our own. This has got to be taught in every basic high-school-level economics class in the world. You can't separate the two-anymore than you can un-break an egg..... Steenland and Anderson missed this very obvious, very blatant fact, and it has resulted in large planes traveling all over the world half-empty while burning up tons of DAL's cash every single day. INTL routes cost far, far more to suport than domestic-and the break-even load factor is even higher. INTL is famous for making money like the mint (in good years) or burning money as if it were rocket fuel (now.)

-It is still shocking to me that DAL mgmt is making these poor decisions. DAL used to be a world-leading airline-they used to have a good plan. The jerks who hijacked a once-awesome airline are destroying it-plain and simple. You can't afford too many more of these blunders if DAL is to survive.

-And I wouldn't bet on the "too big to fail" philosphy anymore... That idea sure didn't do PanAm a lot of good.

Last edited:
Sorry if my analogy got you upset Fulofluv... maybe this is better. Song is the healthiest person in the hospice. Everyone dies, so that's equally offensive. Sorry, no PTSD for me. Don't have any combat time.
I'm not sure. Rumor has it when the colonel doesn't get his coffee on time, he can be pretty combative when it doesn't show up or when you're not giving him the proper foot massage.

It would be better if we all knew what you were referring to. I somehow get the feeling it was not nice.
Maybe on your next recess break you can get your teacher to help you out with the big words.

-I am not aware that there is more oil in Africa than in Alaska, but maybe so. Still, it doesn't make much sense to shove so many flights into such a place to serve fields which usually take a decade to develop once they are drilled.. I think the new DAL's mgmt. is very much flawed and their resources are misplaced.
Wow! All this intelligence hidden behind the brainiac of a regional rj f/o washout! I bet Harvard and Yale are sorry they missed out on you!

-I have opposed the INTL expansion from the beginning.
Too bad Delta's management team doesn't solicit your input. I'm sure when it comes time for lav truck upgrades, they'll be sure to grab some ideas from you since you seem to be so full of ********************!

when you dump 40% (roughly) of your eggs into one basket, it should be a pretty freaking strong basket. From the outset it has been obvious to me that the U.S. economy and the INTL routes DAL has bet so heavily on are actually the same thing.
Again, wow! Can you please enlighten all of us what the next 5 years will bring. I mean for you, that's easy. Head fry chef at Mc Donalds and if you're really lucky, maybe night manager. I mean after all, look at all the intelligence you bring!:laugh:

-Did these brainiacs (Steenland and Andersen) actually, really, believe that the U.S. domestic market would tank, and the European market would soar? Really? It appears they did. Does that appear to be a good decision-really?
Since you're that upset about it, tell those morons about it. I mean really, pick up the phone.....Stop talking with that 13 year old kid you met at the mall last week, and call Anderson, and tell him, "you don't know ******************** dude! I'm a 2nd year ASA rj f/o and I've got more brains than you'll ever have." Go on, I double dog dare you!

-Obviously, the world's ecomony is very much inter-twined with our own. This has got to be taught in every basic high-school-level economics class in the world.
And you figured this out all on your own? Genius!

You can't separate the two-anymore than you can un-break an egg..... Steenland and Anderson missed this very obvious, very blatant fact, and it has resulted in large planes traveling all over the world half-empty while burning up tons of DAL's cash every single day.
Amazing. You are really one smart cookie!
So, does the fact that Delta ended the quarter $500 million less in long term debt and remained the same in liquidity? I can't believe those little nuggets got by someone obviously as smart as yourself!;)

INTL routes cost far, far more to suport than domestic-and the break-even load factor is even higher. INTL is famous for making money like the mint (in good years) or burning money as if it were rocket fuel (now.)
Now you're a know it all on rocket fuel? Wow, where'd you come up with that one? URANUS!

-It is still shocking to me that DAL mgmt is making these poor decisions. DAL used to be a world-leading airline-they used to have a good plan. The jerks who hijacked a once-awesome airline are destroying it-plain and simple. You can't afford too many more of these blunders if DAL is to survive.
What's even more shocking is listening to your constant.......:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

-And I wouldn't bet on the "too big to fail" philosphy anymore... That idea sure didn't do PanAm a lot of good.
How old were you then, like 2?
Concentrate on french fries and cooking oild Mc Fry! Because any thing else, and you're just sounding, well, like a jackass!

I may be a jackass-but I am a jackass who is correct. You will see.

Latest resources

Back