• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL Psych evaluation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So just out of curiosity, does the psych eval consist of a written test or do you sit down with a quack...or is it both? Also, if I understand correctly, you only do the psych eval if you do well the first day right?

Both

MMPI-2 like 576 T/F questions
Then a short interview with a Psych doc to see if you are full of BS or not

Again, the point is: Answer honestly. You are human and unfortuneatly you have to prove it.

I just got the word that my psyc results will be forwarded to the review board. They said that some make it through but it doesn't sound good.

More and more are getting past the review board. All I can say is be honest. They will catch you in any lie that you tell. It is always better to hear it from you than from the test/psych, or your background check.
If you have messed up, own up to it and take the responsibility. Maturity and honesty go a long way.

I didn't pass the psyche eval either. It seems if Delta wants to use "their" psyche to do a re-evalution for the review board, then that psyche should talk to you in person. This way he can get his on conclusion, rather than a conclusion from notes.

Now I'm still flying Delta passengers with more responsibility as a Captain. That's ok, but not as an F/O with a different ID..

getting hired at DAL, SWA, UPS, FedEX, NAL, AMR or any other legacy has less to do with being a captain and more to do with personality. especially if you are going to have to sit next to someone at a legacy for 14 plus hours!! ok, minus your crew rest or bunk time! once you have gotten an interview, they assume you can fly. if you can't, they will train you...if you still can't fly...they let you go!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back