• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL Psych evaluation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I failed it and had the job offer withdrawn. Must be loco! I have no idea what they were looking at, although I am now doubting my sanity.

perhaps they saw the:

• fondness for members of the opposite sex
  • fondness for gambling
  • fondness for danger
  • fondness for killing

as negatives 007. :)

DO NOT ROCK IN THE ROCKING CHAIR....

no wait....DO Rock in the chair....
Oh....rock a little, then stop a little......

I don't think they have the chair anymore, do they?

What happens if you fail the psyche is this. DAL convenes a board that will review your entire application jacket. Everything from your app to the psyche eval. They make the determination on whether to overrule the psyche or not. Many times I have seen them stand by it. It is a legal thing. Basically if one guys says that your nuts and you do something 20 years from no, DAL will be liable because they were warned.
FWIW another independent psychologist reviews the original doctor's notes and makes a determination to its validity during the review board. I have not heard of people failing the actual psyche eval (Not MMPI) and getting the job. If they are that is great. It is more or less just a legal hoop to jump through. Even the mechanics have to do this type of thing for a job.

I would not beat yourself up over it. I had a few friends that got turned down as well. They were top notch and truly some great people. There was no reason for them to get turned down either.

What happens if you fail the psyche is this. DAL convenes a board that will review your entire application jacket. Everything from your app to the psyche eval. They make the determination on whether to overrule the psyche or not. Many times I have seen them stand by it. It is a legal thing. Basically if one guys says that your nuts and you do something 20 years from no, DAL will be liable because they were warned.
FWIW another independent psychologist reviews the original doctor's notes and makes a determination to its validity during the review board. I have not heard of people failing the actual psyche eval (Not MMPI) and getting the job. If they are that is great. It is more or less just a legal hoop to jump through. Even the mechanics have to do this type of thing for a job.
Thanks for the info. I have heard of one case (ASA pilot) that failed the psyche eval....(NOT MMPI) and got the ruling over turned. The rumors run rampant how he managed this....from getting ALPA involved to daddy's best friend is some senior VP.
Either way it seems kind of $hitty that you can get that far and a quack that's having a bad day or you who have been through days of stress to get to where you are affect your job opportunity with DAL for life.

Latest resources

Back