DAL pilots overcompensated?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GuppyWN said:
Lose an engine on a foggy rainy 600RVR day and THEN ask her if we're worth the pay.

Gup

whats that matter?

there's guys doing the same thing everyday at ASA/Comair for 22K.

they gonna handle that engine failure different?

Until guys say IM NOT DOING THIS the pay will drop.

Pat Fabin said:
It'd be one thing if she was just an average person voicing her opinion, but she's our BK judge that has tremendous power over the future of our company. How is she able to make fair decisions when she is obviously biased?

-PF

Gee....I wonder how much she makes? I am sure she is underpaid :rolleyes:

Biatch!

Pat Fabin said:
It'd be one thing if she was just an average person voicing her opinion, but she's our BK judge that has tremendous power over the future of our company. How is she able to make fair decisions when she is obviously biased?

We're hosed.

-PF

Pat,

Bingo !!!, but she'll never have to answer for her obvious bias.

Google her Bio.

She is just another George Bush Anit-Labor Republican Pro-Big Business Thug.

Nothing New here.

"But company spokesman John Kennedy said Thursday that the union's analysis is flawed."

In other words, we think we got you over a barrel with this judge, we are going for broke.

"Therefore, its conclusions are erroneous," Kennedy said.
Kennedy said Delta management is open to negotiating with the union, but he stressed that the targeted cuts the company is seeking are essential.

No negotiations, the judge is in our pockets.
"Our financial situation is urgent and the $325 million need for concessions from the pilots is real," he said."

To be diverted into the pockets of keypersonnel for retention bonuses and our lawyers.

Don't forget, we already have the judge on our side!

Like someone else said, since the judge has pretty much already sided with the company, without hearing any real arguments, it sounds like she should excuse herself, since her impartiality is clearly gone.

Wait till she sees the pilots walk. Then she'll see why thjey are paid well... meaning there won't be any replacements to keep all that metal in the air.

Honestly, how corrupt and incompetent a legal system do we have when judges are as stupid as the general public about the pilot profession? Yeah, like she's not biased. She ought to be removed from this case immediately. Regardless, the pilot strike will bring new clarity to this issue for those who don't see the value in a pilot.

I doubt very much that any pilot group will strike, doing so would be financial suicide, since the airline would cease to exist. FedEx and UPS pilots could, since the company has money to make it through a strike, but any passenger carrier would be toast in short order.

Hopefully, the DAL pilots can influence the judge or get her replaced, but the company has them by the short and curlies, no amount of posturing or indignation will change that. I do however hope, that they, and NWA pilots, fare better than what has been proposed from managemenst side.

Last edited:
Dizel8 said:
I doubt very much that any pilot group will strike, doing so would be financial suicide, since the airline would cease to exist.

I'm not so sure in Delta's case. With NWA management I would agree. They would certainly let the pilots walk and liquidate the airline. That's just how anti-labor they are. I don't think GG and the rest of the Delta management cronies are that hardline though. I think they'll give in if the Delta pilots have a strike vote and set a strike deadline. I just don't get a sense that Delta management is so anti-labor that they would go as far as letting the pilots walk and destroying the airline. Maybe I'm reading them wrong though.

Delta lost over 1 billion dollars in the third quarter. The pilots could come to work for nothing (which I'm sure this old bag would love to see) with no effect on the bottom line.

Latest resources

Back