DAL pilots overcompensated?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
COpilot said:
Anyone have an email address, for her court or the local paper?

[SIZE=+1]New York Southern District Court[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]
[/SIZE](http://www.nysb.uscourts.gov)

Court Locations: New York, Poughkeepsie, White Plains
Counties of Jurisdiction: Bronx, Dutchess, New York, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan, Westchester, Waters within the counties of Kings, Nassau, Queens, Richmond and Suffolk

Judges:
Hon. Prudence C. Beatty
U.S. Bankruptcy Court
One Bowling Green, 6th Fl.
New York, NY 10004-1408

Judge Prudence C. Beatty 212-668-5637​
Courtroom Deputy: Carlos Pabon​
212-668-2870 ext. 3733

Law Clerk: Susan Golden​
212-668-2870 ext. 3734

Law Clerk: Katina Brountzas​
212-668-2870 ext. 3732

Local paper

I think the Atlanta paper is www.ajc.com if you go to the business and delta section you can get Russell Grantham through a hot link on the website or you can email him at [email protected]. Don’t expect him to be too pilot friendly, he is Def. pro LCC and anti Delta pilots. But he was nice enough to respond to every objection to a story that I have written to him about.

But isn’t the Bk Judge in New York?

My theory on life has always been to avoid a woman with a hyphenated last name, in this case it holds true. I don’t know what pilot screwed her over but damn she is just not letting it go.

Dizel8,

First of all, I think the quote was taken out of context. I believe they were looking at 777 Captain pay back in 2004 (when everyone was leaving and those guys were getting gressnslip after greenslip (double pay)) and some of those guys made well over $400,000 a year. That is what I think she was talking about.

Also, the judge has been trading barbs with us and with management and all of the lawyers. We just seem to hear more about it when it happens to us. During one of the last sessions, she yelled at everyone except the Bank of New York lawyer, and that was because he didn't say anything. Definitely interesting.

And about a strike, I wouldn't count one out yet. The key here is that the company is really asking for more than the $325 million, and they will have to come down on some of their requests to get to that number. I think they meant to do this in the first place. Dalpa knows that there are many many people, other than the pilots, that don't want to stop this gravy train. We shall see.

Bye Bye--General Lee

PCL_128 said:
. I just don't get a sense that Delta management is so anti-labor that they would go as far as letting the pilots walk and destroying the airline. Maybe I'm reading them wrong though.

I wonder how their severance packages are set up. Some of these guys may have an incentive to sink their airline .... I'm not saying it is trueat your arline or any place specific, but it could be true some where - scary thought.

Neubyfly said:
Can we find out how much she is paid?

Around $146K a year. 96% of a district judge. If a judge can stick it out for a whole 14yrs they recieve thier salary at time of retirement for life, or a lump sum. Sound familiar to anyone.

General Lee said:
Dizel8,

First of all, I think the quote was taken out of context. I believe they were looking at 777 Captain pay back in 2004 (when everyone was leaving and those guys were getting gressnslip after greenslip (double pay)) and some of those guys made well over $400,000 a year. That is what I think she was talking about.

Also, the judge has been trading barbs with us and with management and all of the lawyers. We just seem to hear more about it when it happens to us. During one of the last sessions, she yelled at everyone except the Bank of New York lawyer, and that was because he didn't say anything. Definitely interesting.

And about a strike, I wouldn't count one out yet. The key here is that the company is really asking for more than the $325 million, and they will have to come down on some of their requests to get to that number. I think they meant to do this in the first place. Dalpa knows that there are many many people, other than the pilots, that don't want to stop this gravy train. We shall see.

Bye Bye--General Lee

the day DALPA goes on strike over these concessions is the day pigs fly........

jbucpt said:
the day DALPA goes on strike over these concessions is the day pigs fly........

It's probably your best dream ever.

Bye Bye--General Lee

ACTIVIST JUDGES!!! I am shocked that Delta found a judge that would side with them in a BK filing... Those lawyers make $300,000 for a reason finding this judge will save DAL way more than $300,000.
Just out of curiosity does anyone know the vegas odds on DAL going tango uniform? I don't think pilot pay is the problem... I think DAL is so poorly managed that it is a wonder of capitalism that it is still around. Good luck I hope ATL doesn't look like St. Louis in a few years.

Latest resources

Back