Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wrong, wrong, and wrong again.
I want to see hiring...
but I want to see realistic info too. Let's hope that all logic is defied and you are right.

Who is this guy? he can't be a DAL guy or NWA since he has no clue about APA or AE. Get a life dude, I am sure you have a student pilot somewhere waiting for you to show him how to do circles around a point.

Who is this guy? he can't be a DAL guy or NWA since he has no clue about APA or AE. Get a life dude, I am sure you have a student pilot somewhere waiting for you to show him how to do circles around a point.
Pay no attention too her. Claims to be Flight Options from previous posts. Not worth the headache or the time!

I have heard lots of chatter about the NWA pilots frozen retirement however. Seems it still costs 27 plus million to managae, fund, distribute, etc. that thing a year. There have been inquires in how to do away with it... if they look like they will some how be able to you will see NWA senior pilots head for the door like they did at DAL. IF this happens it would mitigate a large percentage of the over staffing and save DAL an estimated 80 million a year. Crappy thing to do to the NWA senior guys, but when $$ is the end game you know they will try to. Who would stop them? ALPA, HA! Don't forget that the vast majority of the combined list at DAL doesn't have a real retirement of any kind now. Do you think original DAL guys would fight to keep NWA guys frozen retirement in place? I doubt it. If the company offered an additional 1 % to the DCC in exchange for the NWA retirement it would pass without question.
2 ways to terminate a pension plan.

1. Distress termination in Bankruptcy.
2. Get it to fully funded status and then do a standard termination (annuities bought for plan participants OR lump sums given that equal participants entire benefit).
Who would stop them?
Federal Law, administered by the PBGC.

Last edited:
found this over at APC fwiw

This is copied from the NE CP Newsletter posted on the CPSC (Chief Pilot Support Center) page of Detla Net dated 3/30/09...

I heard furloughs are coming?

If you work for USAir or United, I would be concerned. We currently do not have enough pilots to fly all the block hours that networks wants us to fly this summer. The 2010 flying program is currently scheduled to be an increase of approximately 1% above the 2009 block hour program.

Loosely translated that means that we will not have enough pilots for 2010 either. There have not been any decisions made at this time but rest assured that the costs of furloughs are both economic and emotional. We will not furlough unless there are compelling reasons like a full blown depression of the world’s economy–force majure level stuff. It would take 18-24 months worth of economic savings to justify furloughing someone on a financial basis – even more on an emotional justification. For now, no one sees that level of cuts coming in flight operations. Expect SILs in international categories and Personal Leaves of Absences to be granted come this fall.

This is copied from the NE CP Newsletter posted on the CPSC (Chief Pilot Support Center) page of Detla Net dated 3/30/09...

I heard furloughs are coming?

If you work for USAir or United, I would be concerned. We currently do not have enough pilots to fly all the block hours that networks wants us to fly this summer. The 2010 flying program is currently scheduled to be an increase of approximately 1% above the 2009 block hour program.

Loosely translated that means that we will not have enough pilots for 2010 either. There have not been any decisions made at this time but rest assured that the costs of furloughs are both economic and emotional. We will not furlough unless there are compelling reasons like a full blown depression of the world’s economy–force majure level stuff. It would take 18-24 months worth of economic savings to justify furloughing someone on a financial basis – even more on an emotional justification. For now, no one sees that level of cuts coming in flight operations. Expect SILs in international categories and Personal Leaves of Absences to be granted come this fall.

From my myriad years working as an airline pilot: The one thing you can always bank on is - the CP knowing about as much as a grapefruit.

Like a Fed knows jack sh!t...

Do you think original DAL guys would fight to keep NWA guys frozen retirement in place? I doubt it. If the company offered an additional 1 % to the DCC in exchange for the NWA retirement it would pass without question.

Most of the junior NWA guys who were sold out to keep
the senior pensions in place won't fight it either.

There is already a lot more loyalty felt towards Delta
than towards the people who have been screwing the junior guys at NWA.
Ask around.....
DB

Hey DL North and South guys
Sorry for starting this thread. Been out of the loop for awhile and wanted to hear from some of the guys "in the know" regarding staffing. As expected, the usual flamers with no clue whatsoever weighed in as well.

Looks steady and a bit encouraging, at least for now, in regards to staffing. Thanks DL-S and DL-N guys for your input.

Hey DL North and South guys
Sorry for starting this thread. Been out of the loop for awhile and wanted to hear from some of the guys "in the know" regarding staffing. As expected, the usual flamers with no clue whatsoever weighed in as well.

Looks steady and a bit encouraging, at least for now, in regards to staffing. Thanks DL-S and DL-N guys for your input.

What I was told yesterday is this.

150 Fat for the summer,
800 Fat for the winter
150 short for next spring.

It is my understanding that this is before buyouts. Talk of 500 PERPS to be offered, but people are very tight lipped about it.

This over staffing will be taken care of by SIL's. Maybe some short term leave. No plans to furlough, so relax. My guess is that if they cut next summers sked, they may seriously think about furloughing, but all leading indicators are to a 1% increase in block of this year.

On the DAL side, they say no more displacements FWIW. AS for the 777 in June/July.

Latest resources

Back