• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL Parking 40 to 50 jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry little voice, Delta will not be furloughing. Run a long back to your little jet and make sure their luggage is put nicely into cargo.

most of the planes that are getting parked have already been parked (except the -200's). The others will be swapped out with those in storage.

btw, FOX business shows the "stock of the Day" is DAL for beating expectations thus the stock being up +18% today.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong again.
I want to see hiring...
but I want to see realistic info too. Let's hope that all logic is defied and you are right.

I have been wrong, but as other have pointed out I am correct more than I am wrong and by a large margin.

This info does not have my personal tilt to it. It is just regurgitated.

There are synergies. If we had not merged, we would probably be in a lot worse position than we are now. Same can be said for NWA. Long term this is the best thing that could happen during a melt down.
Too many other things are going on to expend the money and energy displacing pilots to right size for furlough. If you were here and had any bit of knowledge of the inner working of this merger and what is involved you would be singing a different tune.
DAL is setting the stage quite nicely for the first half of the next decade. I for one am glad I am here.
Noting is perfect, and as I said a year ago, there is going to be pain for the first two years of the merger, but after that, there is no stopping DAL.

I also said, you should see where our real estate guys are looking at. (Gates, etc) Some of those have come true. I said SYD in summer of 09 two and a half years ago. Well? There is other good stuff coming. A lot of it has been delayed, but it will be out just as soon as our leadership knows we are truly in a recovery.

I have been wrong, but as other have pointed out I am correct more than I am wrong and by a large margin.

This info does not have my personal tilt to it. It is just regurgitated.

There are synergies. If we had not merged, we would probably be in a lot worse position than we are now. Same can be said for NWA. Long term this is the best thing that could happen during a melt down.
Too many other things are going on to expend the money and energy displacing pilots to right size for furlough. If you were here and had any bit of knowledge of the inner working of this merger and what is involved you would be singing a different tune.
DAL is setting the stage quite nicely for the first half of the next decade. I for one am glad I am here.
Noting is perfect, and as I said a year ago, there is going to be pain for the first two years of the merger, but after that, there is no stopping DAL.

I also said, you should see where our real estate guys are looking at. (Gates, etc) Some of those have come true. I said SYD in summer of 09 two and a half years ago. Well? There is other good stuff coming. A lot of it has been delayed, but it will be out just as soon as our leadership knows we are truly in a recovery.

My wrong, wrong, wrong comment was regarding the implication that I wanted to see furloughs, when in fact, (as I said) I want to see hiring.

What would prompt people to take early outs now, when it seemed like they wouldn't leave earlier in the merger? NetJets seems pretty proud of their package. (Quick download it before they put it back to password protected). If they can get people to actually take it (which there I doubt) it would be a coup...there seem to be plenty of options laid out...but in this economy...well anyway, ideas there (for the moment until they take it down again) that may help your union make things enticing.
http://www.njasap.com/jpmc/index.html
http://www.njasap.com/jpmc/pdf/jpmc_042009.pdf
Guys at DL/NW that are very senior may be in more of a position to put these ideas to use than at the fracs.

Last edited:
They know what they need to get people to take the early out, the same thing they would get if they stayed to 60 for the DAL-N guys. For DAL-S probably a 500K check. (at a min)

They know what they need to get people to take the early out, the same thing they would get if they stayed to 60 for the DAL-N guys. For DAL-S probably a 500K check. (at a min)

I remember something here about the guys who should have retired going to a much higher $ medical coverage if they stayed there...is that still the case? (Or does it even matter, ie: are they covered by other medical)

If they were here at DCC they lost that. Now they could offer the NWA rates again, and I am sure that is an option.

Hell....It's only five percent of the Fleet that's being retired.

I'm sure Management is trying hard to allow those five percent of the people/pilots responsible for keeping those planes in the air employed.

What's five percent among Friends?

That, coupled with reduced Global demand and a failing U.S. Economy, should not even be an issue.

Delta has, historically, been VERY good to their Employees.

How many of you remember C.E. Woolman?

A Good Man to be sure. He took care of People.

Remain calm. All is well. Nothing has changed.....

There has been NO paradigm shift.

Because, "I say so".

YKMKR

http://kids.niehs.nih.gov/lyrics/happyand.htm

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back