• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL New Hire Demographic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Femal is a portmanteau. It is a combination of the words feral and female.
Feral, meaning escaped domestication and reintroduced to a wild or partly wild environment. Much like say, a feral child.

So a femal is most likely a woman who has been raised by wolves.

Post of the year!!!! still laughing my ass off on that one....
:laugh:
Mookie

DAL is hiring pilots from all sorts of backgrounds. There are competitive mins that get you to the interview, but after that it is about the person you are not the pilot you think you are.

Their hiring practices are tired and true and they do hire a baseline candidate that DAL feels will perform well over the years for them. Wonder what that is, go look at your buddies that fly here.

Most are honest, hardworking, jovial, fun to be around, suspect to outsiders, and the like :D They really just want people who will show up to work, not be a drag and do the next right thing will maintaining a safe operation.

They use a point system now:

+1 Woman
+1 Minority
+1 Huge Rack
+1 Pretty looks
+1 Internal recommendation

-5 White Male
-5 8000TT+
-5 No internal connections

Things may change in the future, but right now, it's slim pickings, and you have to have some serious connections to get hired at Delta today. Everyone I know hired (or even interviewed) this year had several internal (important) recommendations. No one I know or have heard of got a call this year without an internal rec.

Even when the "hiring boom" (relative term) comes, it'll STILL be a hyper competitive market. So.......

so if you are:

mil - get a/c commander (or whatever they call it) time

Even better if you can get IP/Standards eval qualified

121 - upgrade to PIC and get time

Even better if you become a check airman/LCA/sim instructor

corp - move to the CA seat and be the one responsible for the aircraft
135 - same as above

Take on a Chief pilot job, or instructor/LCA if 135.

Their hiring practices are tired and true and they do hire a baseline candidate that DAL feels will perform well over the years for them. Wonder what that is, go look at your buddies that fly here.

Since grammar was the theme is this thread, I hope they get some rest soon.

In all seriousness, how much of the current pilot demographic at DAL has been through the current process? Subtract out the Western and former NWA pilots.

DAL is hiring pilots from all sorts of backgrounds. There are competitive mins that get you to the interview, but after that it is about the person you are not the pilot you think you are.

Most are honest, hardworking, jovial, fun to be around, suspect to outsiders, and the like :D They really just want people who will show up to work, not be a drag and do the next right thing will maintaining a safe operation.

There are some good people in class for Delta, they are the flow guys from Compass and MEsaba. I know the ONE non flow mesaba pilot that was hired was given so many breaks for breaking reserve rules, he was unprofessional how he treated schedulers and had low time. But it was a good thing he has some awesome contacts at Delta and his issues at Mesaba and breaking commuting rules were handled discretely. I have read some postings about ASA pilots complaining about the people they took from their pilot group that went to Delta. I try to judge people individually but with what is going on with Delta HR directing the hiring practices is not a good sign. Yes I am bitter the flow was pulled out from under me, I was given career expectations and then given a knife in the back. If Delta had kept the flow at Mesaba they would have been better for it, they would have gotten a amount of great people who have already proven themselves. Heck they could have even kept their "standards" and required a 4 year degree to flow.

There are some good people in class for Delta, they are the flow guys from Compass and MEsaba. I know the ONE non flow mesaba pilot that was hired was given so many breaks for breaking reserve rules, he was unprofessional how he treated schedulers and had low time. But it was a good thing he has some awesome contacts at Delta and his issues at Mesaba and breaking commuting rules were handled discretely. I have read some postings about ASA pilots complaining about the people they took from their pilot group that went to Delta. I try to judge people individually but with what is going on with Delta HR directing the hiring practices is not a good sign. Yes I am bitter the flow was pulled out from under me, I was given career expectations and then given a knife in the back. If Delta had kept the flow at Mesaba they would have been better for it, they would have gotten a amount of great people who have already proven themselves. Heck they could have even kept their "standards" and required a 4 year degree to flow.

Didn't most of the pilots from Mesaba that actually flowed up start at Mesaba well before the last hiring boom and well before Mesaba had a flow?

Femal is a portmanteau. It is a combination of the words feral and female.
Feral, meaning escaped domestication and reintroduced to a wild or partly wild environment. Much like say, a feral child.

So a femal is most likely a woman who has been raised by wolves.

In "the good 'ole days" we hired femals to work in the cabin.

Good friend of mine was a capt on the bro for skywest, just over 4k tt, no recs, applied online in the blind, 33yr old white male... Told me it took him way by surprise... Started class two months ago on the 9... Never know in this market... The rules are out the window at every company...

Latest resources

Back