Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hockeypilot:

After you decertify - what next?

A weak in house union? No union? Teamsters, who destroyed scope with their support for the GoJets fiasco?

I completely understand your frustration, but we need an end game pretty well figured out before we harm our bargaining Rep. In a decade, I have not been able to figure out a better end game than to try to fix the union we have. Go to your LEC meeting, run against your Reps, try to turn the political tide... etc.

We're already giving things away for nothing in return. Can it really get any worse than that? I don't think it can. If you really want my opinion, I think we should shut the entire airline down. I would be up for a strike illegal or not. We need to set an example and make the company afraid of us. Make them fear breaking our contract. It would give us some credibility back. Right now we have none.

Last edited:
Hockey - I'd do it. Illegal or not. The majority would not.

Of course, while we protested, RJ's would fly over our heads with our passengers in them. RJ pilots would go to sleep dreaming of shiny 737's and A320's (does anyone "dream" about an MD88? I dunno)

We really can't win until we get our Reps on the same page and change people's minds about outsourcing.

ACL65: My people constantly change my schedule and I sleep in a different place every night as part of the protection program. If "Fins" announced he was coming to an LEC meeting...

:uzi: :uzi: ............................. "" :erm:

Last edited:
Let me explain. Our JCBA was apparently written by pilots, not lawyers. The Company now has too many 76-seaters. When challenged, they said, "We don't see it that way. Why don't you let us fly them anyway and if we furlough, then we'll comply with the JCBA. Another martini?"

The company knew exactly what they were and are doing. The constant give aways sends one clear message....the company will ask for and get more in the future thanks to Moak.

In the mean time....

On January 8, 2009, SkyWest announced an award of ten additional CRJ900 regional jet aircraft by Delta. These aircraft will be operated by ASA, as Delta Connection, from the Atlanta hub. Delivery of the aircraft began in January 2009 and is expected to be complete by May 2009

With the merging of Northwest Airlines into Delta, Mesaba as part of the overall merger and a subsidiary of Northwest Airlines Inc., will be undergoing numerous changes. One of which will be the relocation of a portion of the Saab 340 fleet to Atlanta. Delta has also allocated to Mesaba five more CRJ-900s to be operated out of Salt Lake City.
Mesaba Will Fly The Five CRJ-900's for Delta Connection starting February 12th, 2009 with destinations Las Vegas, San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Dallas/Ft Worth, Minneapolis/St.Paul and Phoenix among others.

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/regional/14272-new-crj-900-ordered-mesaba-compass.html

Northwest Airlines Corp. is adding 72 new 76-seat jets through next year. Half will be Bombardier CRJ-900s flown by its Mesaba subsidiary and the other half will be Embraer 175s flown by its new Compass subsidiary. Both include a dozen first-class seats, and the cabin is roomier than on Northwest's other regional jets. Delta Air Lines Inc. plans to fly 77 dual-class regional jets by the end of 2008, and United regional partners now fly about 115 70-seat jets with coach, first-class and an Economy Plus seat with extra legroom.

Delta spokeswoman Betsy Talton said business customers have been asking for the regional first-class seats for years. The aim with the new jets is "to make it all more seamless and more like the mainline jet experience," she said.

DAL COUNCIL 44 MEETING NOTICE

DATE:
Friday, March 13, 2009

TIME:
10:30 a.m.–2:00 p.m.
PLACE:

AGENDA:
1.Officer Reports
2.Old Business
3.New Business
-Lee Moak¾MEC Chairman
-Jim Van Sickle¾MEC Vice Chairman
-Bob Hesselbein¾MEC Secretary
-Kingsley Roberts¾MEC Treasurer

ACL65,

Did you hear the rumor yet that there is a group trying to get ALPA off the property at Delta?Apparently there is a group working on putting it together. Just curious, I have only heard this from a couple of other pilots. Gotta be better than what we have. At the least DALPA should allow membership to revote for all positions since the playing field and envirornment has changed. Oh well.....rant over

March 13th isn't this Friday. But I'm all for visiting the MEC office and trying to score free food.

D'OH

Holy crap the wind is blowing around here! Lawn furniture just achieved VR, although it appears the chair's VMC relies mostly on ballistics.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back