• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL junior Pilots sold down the river by NEW MEC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe this currently group of ALPA reps have run their course. They no longer represent their employee group.

Anyone with me?

Yes, I think a lot of people are with you.

One of the LEC's needs a resolution passed to start the ball rolling.

A decertification effort would only weaken our representative structure. A recall effort is only as good as the new people who would rise to leadership.

excellent points.

Participatory democracy is key. I am willing to bet that most junior pilots at DAL will spend more time complaining on FI and in crewrooms than actually creating a political force....

Fundamentally the people in charge must understand & believe:
  1. The power of any union is its ability to bring the maximum number of pilots together to bargain collectively with one voice

How do we do that? It is all about economics.
  1. Policies that exclude pilots - undermine your power and the effectiveness of your contract

That is correct. While pilots should be paid accordingly, the huge dispairity between pilots creates divisions.

In this thread, the inclusive enemy is wide body CA's. The goal.... how do we make a WB CA as similiar to a NB FO?

1. Pilots do not buy airplanes... companies succeed when they deploy the most effective resources and services against their competition

Correct: Air Line Pilots do not run airlines. They unify.

Inclusive scope language is stronger than exclusive language
  1. The goal must be “all Delta flying will be performed by Delta pilots.” Everything should be measured against this core tenet.

If we don't help those up they will surely drag us down....

"With some overlapping routes? You mean between our hubs? And giving up gates that aren't used all of the time? Sounds like that would save money. The economy is in a free fall, just like fuel prices, which means a lot. With lower fuel we can have 1/2 the loads we had after 9-11 and still be profitable. And, 50 seat RJs are the real losers here, and they will be parked in mass. The DC9s are actually getting a raise in block hours per day, and will fly almost all the routes from ATL that RJs used to fly against Airtran 717s. I think your world and your reality is a bit cloudy."

Just after 9-11 fuel was around $27 a barrel Jet Fuel is higher now than it was then, and the long term decrease in flying pax is going to be worse due to unemployment, etc. People were only scared for a little while. Now they have no $$. The overlap is in servicing the destinations, not so much the hub stuff as that is still required using large gauge a/c. If x city got 3 hits a day for each carrier, now you can do with 1 NB and 3 ERJs and even increase the frequency of "Delta" service. Unfortunately furoughs will happen and lots of the fellas will be there to carry the load. Just like last time. Glad I'm outside looking in now.

Grinder.

"With some overlapping routes? You mean between our hubs? And giving up gates that aren't used all of the time? Sounds like that would save money. The economy is in a free fall, just like fuel prices, which means a lot. With lower fuel we can have 1/2 the loads we had after 9-11 and still be profitable. And, 50 seat RJs are the real losers here, and they will be parked in mass. The DC9s are actually getting a raise in block hours per day, and will fly almost all the routes from ATL that RJs used to fly against Airtran 717s. I think your world and your reality is a bit cloudy."

Just after 9-11 fuel was around $27 a barrel Jet Fuel is higher now than it was then, and the long term decrease in flying pax is going to be worse due to unemployment, etc. People were only scared for a little while. Now they have no $$. The overlap is in servicing the destinations, not so much the hub stuff as that is still required using large gauge a/c. If x city got 3 hits a day for each carrier, now you can do with 1 NB and 3 ERJs and even increase the frequency of "Delta" service. Unfortunately furoughs will happen and lots of the fellas will be there to carry the load. Just like last time. Glad I'm outside looking in now.

Grinder.

How many RJs did we have back then too? We parked all of our 727s, L1011s, and our MD11s right after 9-11. The economy also took a dump back then too. Since then we have dumped our pensions on the DL side, took pay cuts, and have gotten leaner. We were READY to pay fuel in the price range of $140 a barrel this year, and instead we will pay a portion of our bill at $110 a barrel during Q1, with a decreasing amount at that price throughout the year, and are looking at a profit for the year. We started the pull down of flying---mainly RJs. We are saving money on gates and other synergies that are not pilot related. (we have very little overlap) The sky isn't falling just yet, and it is too bad you are looking in from the outside.

Bye Bye--General Lee

So if I read this right if DAL wants to enfocre force majuer, thay can NOT for the reasons of high fuel prices, bad economy or the finaces good or bad at DAL. They can only enforce the majuer if other items on the List happen? It said they could enforce it if a plane orders scheduled for delivery are postponed and out of there control. The 787 is postponed and might be for awhile????NWA now DAL has 18 up to 50 on order? isthis a loop hole open?

But those aircraft are replacements, so there is a twist to that. They have not hired for them and not gotten them.

Latest resources

Back