• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL junior Pilots sold down the river by NEW MEC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For now it looks like 255 76 seat jets for some lame no furlough protection. What I mean is if they break this again, what are we going to do. Wet ourselves and move on?

I think he's toast anyway. How many more Delta jets are we going to let non-Delta pilots fly?

I agree, and I wanted the Compass pilots and planes on our list. I didn't get to vote, though. I think we need to remind our MEC members that they represent US. Any future agreements can't be made in the dark.

As far as this furlough protection, it probably isn't full proof, but it is a lot better than what we had pre 9-11. We never had anything stating there could be economical consequences to DL with people getting furloughed (taking seats out of 76 seaters), and we never had a flow down to Compass, which would also cost them money. We didn't have those things before, and if we do have to furlough hopefully they will be enforced. Again, I would have voted a big NO on this, and Moak will likely hear this from a lot of people.

Bye Bye--General Lee

So if the company wanted to envoke a force majuer policy to allow them to furlough, when we have a NO furlough policy, what exactly has to happen for force majuer to legally allow them to furlough against the contract? Would a 1st quarter posted loss of
2 billion do the trick? Or would they have to be going into bankrupt area again to envoke the foce majuer?

So if the company wanted to envoke a force majuer policy to allow them to furlough, when we have a NO furlough policy, what exactly has to happen for force majuer to legally allow them to furlough against the contract? Would a 1st quarter posted loss of
2 billion do the trick? Or would they have to be going into bankrupt area again to envoke the foce majuer?

The furlough protection just negotiated, the removal of 6 seats from the 76 seaters, is not subject to force majeure, however general furlough protection is.

General Furlough Protection
1. No pilot on the seniority list as of the DCC will be placed on furlough on less than 90 days advance written notice.
2. No pilot on the seniority list as of the DCC will be placed on furlough if the staffing at the time of notice or at time of furlough is less than the PBS Staffing Formula (​
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Section 22 C.[/FONT]) for any position.
3. For a period of 24 months following DCC, no pilot on the seniority list will be placed on furlough as a result of the merger between the Company and Northwest.
4. The Company will be excused from compliance with the provisions of

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Section 1 I. 1.[/FONT], [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]2. [/FONT]and [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]3. [/FONT]in the event a circumstance over which the Company does not have control is the cause of such noncompliance.

For areas of the contract that are subject to FM, here is the applicable language.

"Circumstance over which the Company does not have control," for the purposes of [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Section 1[/FONT], means a circumstance that includes, but is not limited to, a natural disaster; labor dispute; grounding of a substantial number of the Company’s aircraft by a government agency; reduction in flying operations because of a decrease in available fuel supply or other critical materials due to either governmental action or commercial suppliers being unable to provide sufficient fuel or other critical materials for the Company’s operations; revocation of the Company’s operating certificate(s); war emergency; owner’s delay in delivery of aircraft scheduled for delivery; manufacturer’s delay in delivery of new aircraft scheduled for delivery. The term "circumstance over which the Company does not have control" will not include the price of fuel or other supplies, the price of aircraft, the state of the economy, the financial state of the Company, or the relative profitability or unprofitability of the Company’s then-current operations.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back