Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL Dec 3rd Class Aircraft Assignments...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Um...the 4th quarter is generally always poor for airlines...I don't see how this is really news, especially in light of the retardedly volatile oil prices lately. I don't think we'll be the only ones with a bad 4th quarter.

Things are good here at DAL, with lots of good stuff on the horizon, so the newhires should not worry.

Now if we could just get a 60% raise...

Um...the 4th quarter is generally always poor for airlines...I don't see how this is really news, especially in light of the retardedly volatile oil prices lately. I don't think we'll be the only ones with a bad 4th quarter.

Things are good here at DAL, with lots of good stuff on the horizon, so the newhires should not worry.

Now if we could just get a 60% raise...

Let's hope you are right and FUZZO is wrong.

Let's hope you are right and FUZZO is wrong.

Fuzzo is wrong. If he is so unhappy he should leave. Delta has a plan to expand internationally and create more revenue during a flat or negative US economy. We are moving more domestic planes to the INTL side, and that is what the announcement read, the "EQUIVALENT" of 10 mainline planes would be removed from the domestic capacity. Our balance sheet has been cleaned up (a part I didn't enjoy), and we are in a better position than any domestic LCC with INTL flying to fall back on. We are still hiring pilots and flight attendants, and have no current plans to actually park any planes. Fuel prices have hurt all airlines, even Southwest, and even they are slowing down a bit.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Fuel prices have hurt all airlines, even Southwest, and even they are slowing down a bit.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hey General,

Not being a cheerleader for SWA, but they are hedged at the 50-60 dollar range. As oil prices climb, they actually make out better.....

Hey General,

Not being a cheerleader for SWA, but they are hedged at the 50-60 dollar range. As oil prices climb, they actually make out better.....

So, is that why they are being more cautious? Isn't there an article on that thread? Not all of their fuel is based on hedges, and with their costs climbing from other fixed costs (employee wages etc), they either raise fares (which help us all), or slow down a bit and we all take a hit. They can't just move planes to their INTL side to hunt for better revenue, primarily because they don't fly INTL routes. But, they can raise their fares, and they may just have to do more of that and help us all in return.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I heard in a meeting that SouthWest's hedges are expiring and they, like DL and everyone else, thought fuel would be in the $60 range after hurricane season. Nobody bought hedges at $90 because with the 10% or so transactional cost a $90 hedge is a $100 bet on oil.

Things are getting more peaceful in the Middle East, Chavez failed in his attempt to get a lifetime post in Venezuela - hopefully oil keeps falling.

Wonder how SkyBus is making out with their $9 flights :rolleyes:

No airline is immune with $80-100 oil. Watch the RJs go bye bye on competitive routes (e.g., SWA also flies that route) in that type of environment (especially the upper end of that price range).

Can you imagine how much money AA, UAL and DAL would make on the LA-NYC and SFO-NYC sectors if Jet Blue and Virgin America weren't holding fares lower through competition? Virtually none of those runs can be profitable for the legacy carriers at these oil prices considering their higher operating costs...

I am curious where the 35 RJ's will come from. DAL owns 40 of ASA's 50's and a bunch of CMR's.

General,

Open skies may be a reality in 2010... this means a drastic increase in INTL competition. Specifically, LHR may be the target of many other "carriers"... how will this affect DL and the other legacies with an increase of International/domestic competition?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back