• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL Commuters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is a Compass Pilot allowed in the FA Jumpseats on a Delta Flight?

Nope, we certainly aren't. It's always fun to try and ask some commuting crusty old DC9 captain who survives on cigarettes and sanka to sit on the FA jumpseat, so I, junior varsity, can sit on the flightdeck to get to work.

Thankfully though, I've had many NWA guys do this to allow me to get back and forth, and I'm grateful for that.

This whole FA jumpseat restrictions thing is rediculous, JetBlue will let anyone sit on their's and that's how it should be IMHO.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the commute is like between SoFL and ATL? Ugly, I'm sure, but I was interested in the specifics.

To DTW is doable, but you have to be Jonny on the spot with listing the JS, up to and including use of JetList or CrewControl (automated JS listers).

Nu

Does anyone know what the commute is like between SoFL and ATL? Ugly, I'm sure, but I was interested in the specifics.

To DTW is doable, but you have to be Jonny on the spot with listing the JS, up to and including use of JetList or CrewControl (automated JS listers).

Nu

You need to narrow it down a little more. What part of South Florida? SW Florida you are not only fighting other pilots but the FA's going to work. South Florida (MIA, FLL, PBI) your not fighting the FA's as much since we still have FA bases down there. The good thing about Florida is that it is almost always large gauge equipment so there is usually an FA jumpseat left open if not a passenger seat.

You need to narrow it down a little more. What part of South Florida? SW Florida you are not only fighting other pilots but the FA's going to work. South Florida (MIA, FLL, PBI) your not fighting the FA's as much since we still have FA bases down there. The good thing about Florida is that it is almost always large gauge equipment so there is usually an FA jumpseat left open if not a passenger seat.

Heyas,

I was looking at FLL. I know between DAL, AAI and Spirit there's like 25 flights a day, but I figured that there would be a exponentially greater number of commuters that would negate that advantage.

I may just stay with the DTW-FLL commute.

Nu

Heyas,

I was looking at FLL. I know between DAL, AAI and Spirit there's like 25 flights a day, but I figured that there would be a exponentially greater number of commuters that would negate that advantage.

I may just stay with the DTW-FLL commute.

Nu

A lot of FLL guys also commute to JFK for Europe stuff on JB and DL, but ATL is tough from all of FLA it seems. PNS is probably the toughest with all of the ex Navy guys.

Bye Bye--General Lee

FLL/ MIA is tough. A lot of the FA's down there are getting sick and tired of the horrible trips and are bidding ATL to do the international stuff. I would say it is possible, but about as good as DFW-ATL at times.
JS is always full.

Speaking of which, I tried to ride a Compass FA jumpseat last week. The keyword is "tried." I was commuting home, the flight was full, and another NWA guy already has the cockpit jumpseat. So in my attempt to ride the Compass cabin jumpseat, I was informed by the Captain that FA jumpseats are not an option for NWA pilots. Alright, another night in MSP as the EMB175 taxis out with two open cabin jumpseats!!!. We gave them our flying and we can't even ride in an open cabin jumpseat. WTF!!!!

I share your pain. As a Compass commuter I've been left behind on NWA airplane as the FA jumpseats are open. I know Compass FA's are not allowed to sit in NWA FA's seats and vice versa. I think there is alot of friction there and that's where its being held up. I've talked to the coordinator many times and the issue goes nowhere. Until NWA(DAL) changes their policy, don't hold your breath for Compass to change theirs.

The only off line FA j/s that I know of is AMR and DAL. But for the FA's I believe they need a cabin seat open.

I share your pain. As a Compass commuter I've been left behind on NWA airplane as the FA jumpseats are open. I know Compass FA's are not allowed to sit in NWA FA's seats and vice versa. I think there is alot of friction there and that's where its being held up. I've talked to the coordinator many times and the issue goes nowhere. Until NWA(DAL) changes their policy, don't hold your breath for Compass to change theirs.

Yet another good reason to bring Compass onto the DAL certificate!

Latest resources

Back