• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dal bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Based on the estimated category list provide on the dalpa forum, here COULD be the openings:

ATL M88 28

DTW 320 56
DTW DC9 13

LAX 73N 1

MEM 320 2
MEM DC9 12

MSP 320 43
MSP M88 65
MSP DC9 10

NYC 73N 2
NYC M88 31

Not saying this has anything to do with reality:D but the estimated category list compared to the 22 D 3 report left these openings

fish

I don't think anyone should be getting all worked up as if new hires will be getting right in on more "senior" equipment. Don't you guys have HUNDREDS of RECALLS to come back first? Not like they haven't "paid their dues" and then some.By the time new hires get filtered in, I would think they should plan for NYC in the MD88 at best.

Until then, the "hiring" will likely just be adding people senior to the currently working junior people. Even if many recalls don't come back, there are still a lot out there that will.

Good point. I think there are about 300 out. Figure maybe half come back tops.

All will have pretty nice seniority on any of the equipment mentioned.

I think your right about "planning for the worse", but our -88 category in NY is relatively small (about 100 F/O slots) and I think about 60-70 just stayed even though they could have moved on. The -9 categories aren't that large either.

It will definitely be a junior seat, but I think their will be larger numbers of junior seats elsewhere....at least in the beginning.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone should be getting all worked up as if new hires will be getting right in on more "senior" equipment. Don't you guys have HUNDREDS of RECALLS to come back first? Not like they haven't "paid their dues" and then some.By the time new hires get filtered in, I would think they should plan for NYC in the MD88 at best.

Until then, the "hiring" will likely just be adding people senior to the currently working junior people. Even if many recalls don't come back, there are still a lot out there that will.

One could easily think this but the word is no. Delta is planning on 50-60 returns out of the 305 new positions. 255 will come from Compass, Mesaba, Military and Other airlines. I am not sure how they know this but they have been very accurate on these plans in the past.

Does anyone know how this works for returnees?

I think they are still limited to whatever is available in their "class drop", not just what they can hold.

In that case there very well could be a returnee in NYC-88 in one class, but a new hire in the next class getting DTW 320 if that's what was dished out in the drop.

Come the following AE the "returnee" could bid to wherever there was an opening.

Not sure if that's how it works or not. I would imagine they will give the returnee's a larger selection of choices than the rest. Last time around returnee's already had their positions picked out before the first day of class.

Last edited:
One could easily think this but the word is no. Delta is planning on 50-60 returns out of the 305 new positions. 255 will come from Compass, Mesaba, Military and Other airlines. I am not sure how they know this but they have been very accurate on these plans in the past.

To take this one step further, of the 255ish slots, roughly half will be flow through from Compass and Mesaba with the other half off the street.

Last edited:
To take this one step further, of the 255ish slots, roughly half will be flow through from Compass and Mesaba with the other half off the street.

Do flow-throughs keep their seniority and/or longevity from the express carrier, or do they start over? (I would think the latter)

Anyone know who to address a cover letter to?

Latest resources

Back