Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CA1900

Big Member
My company books me on a Delta 757 from Orlando to Atlanta this morning. It's running late, because the APU died on the previous turn, so the thing's already hot and stuffy. The ground air cart isn't doing a whole lot to help things.

I get to my seat in the hot airplane, and reach up to open the air vent -- and there isn't one. I look around, and there aren't any wemacs in the whole damn cabin!

Everybody on the plane is fanning themselves with briefing cards in the heat, hoping the maybe once the engines get started, it'll get a little better. Not really...

The interior of the plane was beat to hell; the plastic molding piece around the window fell off when I touched it, and my seatbelt detached from its anchor during the flight. Niiiice....

Where in the world did DAL find this POS? Are wemacs really an option on the 757 that they decided not to order?

They were removed to save weight....

Seriously, that is pretty weird. I have never seen a Pax jet without them.

My company books me on a Delta 757 from Orlando to Atlanta this morning. It's running late, because the APU died on the previous turn, so the thing's already hot and stuffy. The ground air cart isn't doing a whole lot to help things.

I get to my seat in the hot airplane, and reach up to open the air vent -- and there isn't one. I look around, and there aren't any wemacs in the whole damn cabin!

Everybody on the plane is fanning themselves with briefing cards in the heat, hoping the maybe once the engines get started, it'll get a little better. Not really...

The interior of the plane was beat to hell; the plastic molding piece around the window fell off when I touched it, and my seatbelt detached from its anchor during the flight. Niiiice....

Where in the world did DAL find this POS? Are wemacs really an option on the 757 that they decided not to order?

flame.

I'm sure everyting is optional. On the upside...it's less mx for DAL!

Uhhh.... no. I rode on it. I'd have taken a picture of the overhead console if I had thought of it.

Delta 692, MCO-ATL, this morning. It left 36 minutes late, meaning I missed my connection to Wilmington. It left 5 minutes after we blocked in (pushed 5 early), and we got to enjoy 3 extra hours in ATL waiting for the next one.

The only other oddity was that the Smoking and FSB signs had Korean text over the English. Second-hand airplane, maybe?

What's a "wemac." Don't that chant "owe wemac" in that annoying the Lion Sleeps Tonight song?

Last edited:
Uhhh.... no. I rode on it. I'd have taken a picture of the overhead console if I had thought of it.

Delta 692, MCO-ATL, this morning. It left 36 minutes late, meaning I missed my connection to Wilmington. It left 5 minutes after we blocked in (pushed 5 early), and we got to enjoy 3 extra hours in ATL waiting for the next one.

The only other oddity was that the Smoking and FSB signs had Korean text over the English. Second-hand airplane, maybe?

I noticed you blocked the ticket price. Did you get to your destination? Then sit down and STFU! You didn't even pay for your ticket numbnuts!
Oh by the way, "welcome aboard!"

Last edited:
Did you get to your destination? Then sit down and STFU!

:laugh:

That's the Delta I know and love. :D

Most of Delta's cabins are clean and nice; this was definitely an oddity in their fleet. I just wonder what the story is behind it, because I've never seen a narrowbody without adjustable air vents.

I noticed you blocked the ticket price.

I notice you guys keep editing your messages while I'm replying to them. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ex ATA bird. Not too many in fleet. Next time, make sure you inform the stews, who MIGHT call us.

That is what I LOVE MOST about you Netjet guys. You love to brag about your great contract and your Salmon lunches made to order at your FBOs, but YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH TSA AND FLY ON AIRLINES atleast twice a tour. AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA. Hillarious. Enjoy what we enjoy. Sorry about the lack of vents.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back