• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CVRs of both the Legacy, and GOL 737 over Brazil

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think Honeywell should think about adding a big red X over the TCAS screen when the TCAS is off and make the TCAS off message yellow instead of staying white. I looked at our Primius 1000 with the transponder in standby the other day, and it is really hard to notice that the TCAS is off.

A blue EICAS message "TCAS SEL OFF" would be nice...

The Legacy does provide a TCAS OFF in white on the lower portion of the PFD I believe.

The Legacy does provide a TCAS OFF in white on the lower portion of the PFD I believe.

Correct (or is it the MFD?). But it is not easy to see. It will also show it on the TCAS box if the box is up on the MFD and that one is more obvious. However, there are people who fly with it hidden all the time.

Common practice is for the FP to have the TCAS box up on his/her MFD and the NFP to have the fuel page up on his/her MFD. Some operators don't do it this way. I have no idea what ExcelAire does.

It is for sure the PFD

Rog. Thanks. As little as I've been flying the thing lately I'm not sure I can even remember how to get it started.

2 start stop selectors above your head. Pull down and turn to the right:D

It is for sure the PFD

There will be a software change on that one. A color and verbal message would help. Also try the RMU (Radio Management Unit) That is another back-up that did not help - you have to view the RMU a little longer so it's a bit more obscure if you don't crosscheck. This accident was a culmination of contributing factors that's why the report is 284 pages long. It's a good read if you have the time.

Last edited:
So again I ask. Who let the tapes out? Who provided vanity fair with the tapes? Or did vanity fair find the tapes online?

While Hamburgler did express an opinion and a rather good one, no one has answered the question.

Aren't tapes normally kept private out of respect?

I'm not sure how, but some actually get out there.

http://www.airdisaster.com/cvr/cvrwav.shtml

Once again. Remember this when they push for cameras in the cockpit.

Latest resources

Back