• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CVRs of both the Legacy, and GOL 737 over Brazil

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I find it incomprehensible that these guys were expected to be scanning intently for traffic at cruise during a long flight in the flight levels. You'd be completely worn out after 45 mins!

I don't. From what I've read they were flying in an area with questionable radio/radar contact. I would would think a crew would be more vigilant in those circumstances. This applies to both crews.

Don't EVER forget how easy it is to hear the tapes any time 'cameras in the cockpit' comes down the pipe.

So again I ask. Who let the tapes out? Who provided vanity fair with the tapes? Or did vanity fair find the tapes online?

While Hamburgler did express an opinion and a rather good one, no one has answered the question.

Aren't tapes normally kept private out of respect?

CVR Tapes in the U.S. are kept private out of respect for federal law (you can thank ALPA for that). I'm guessing in Brazil no such laws exist.

Which proves the point.

The plane ain't disposable. (And if you listen to the CVR the Legacy is actually quieter than the 737--so much for all that :uzi: "Whistling" BULLSH*T.)

Doesn't change the fact that a lot of people are dead for no good reason.

Two of my friends were on that plane in the back. One (a *GREAT* guy) is talking on the CVR through the J/S headset around 10 : 00. Wow. That's chilling.

Henry I love ya' man. Glad you are still here.

I'm never gonna' sleep the same again at night after hearing that 737 tape.

Geezus Gawd be with all of those souls.

No TCAS warning at all...

:(

Kudos to the 737 crew. They sound like they fought it to the ground.

53 seconds....

:(

scary sh!t. So you know a few on board??

TCAS doesn't work if the transponder on one airplane is in standby.

I think Honeywell should think about adding a big red X over the TCAS screen when the TCAS is off and make the TCAS off message yellow instead of staying white. I looked at our Primius 1000 with the transponder in standby the other day, and it is really hard to notice that the TCAS is off.

Latest resources

Back