• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CVRs of both the Legacy, and GOL 737 over Brazil

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Interesting comment from page 8 of the VF article: “You can include the corrupted tax structures that allow airplanes as questionable as the Legacy to be built, sold, and flown.”

You forgot this quote that preceeded it and thus the readers on this board will not appreciate the context of the above.

"The Legacy occupies a position toward the high end of private jets—among airplanes like Gulfstreams, Challengers, and Falcons—which by political, ethical, and environmental measures are abhorrent creations, but which nonetheless are masterworks of personal transportation."

Obviously the man has a bias against Business Jets in general, especially larger ones.

LegacyDriver.....dude....ease up buddy....1 post is sufficient.

Sorry. I'm an emotional guy in case you can't tell. Those CVR tapes were horrific and heroic at the same time... Again, apologies.

I would have consolidated them into one post but the edit is locked.

Last edited:
6 posts back to back to back... Are you talking to yourself now? Or are you just trying to get your post count up?

Over a period measured in hours.

It's not like I was just hitting send every five seconds. Again, my sincere apologies.

Last edited:
Wow. I still can't believe what I heard on that 737 CVR...

It seems apparent to me that the F/O was the guy saying, "AYE!"

I can pick up the Captain saying, "Calma. Calma." (The best true English equivalent is not, "Calm. Calm." Rather... "Steady. Steady." Or, "Easy. Easy.")

Is there a source for an English translation of the rest of it? I know Spanish but not Portuguese and the wind noise makes it hard to hear what they are saying. I think they were fighting it all the way to the ground as evidenced by gear extension, etc. and the Captain continuing to talk calmly all the way down.

I'm just wondering what they said because I can't distinguish it.

Is the rattle sound an overspeed or is that a stick shaker?

I am so saddened by what I heard and I can't imagine the horror. I am just thankful they all had long enough to make peace with their God but not time enough to suffer.

I'm sorry people. CVRs are unfair to the dead as well as the living no matter how much credit they may bring to those no longer here...

It is like p***ing on a grave for these things to be made public, IMHO. Let flight crews hear them to learn, otherwise they're sacrilege.

Last edited:
Wow. I still can't believe what I heard on that 737 CVR...

It seems apparent to me that the F/O was the guy saying, "AYE!"

I can pick up the Captain saying, "Calma. Calma." (The best true English equivalent is not, "Calm. Calm." Rather... "Steady. Steady." Or, "Easy. Easy.")

Is there a source for an English translation of the rest of it? I know Spanish but not Portuguese and the wind noise makes it hard to hear what they are saying. I think they were fighting it all the way to the ground as evidenced by gear extension, etc. and the Captain continuing to talk calmly all the way down.

I'm just wondering what they said because I can't distinguish it.

Is the rattle sound an overspeed or is that a stick shaker?

I am so saddened by what I heard and I can't imagine the horror. I am just thankful they all had long enough to make peace with their God but not time enough to suffer.

I'm sorry people. CVRs are unfair to the dead as well as the living no matter how much credit they may bring to those no longer here...

It is like p***ing on a grave for these things to be made public, IMHO. Let flight crews hear them to learn, otherwise they're sacrilege.

Word. I totally agree.

Who let the tapes out in public?

It's Brazil, they can't run a proper ATC system, can't keep tapes private, I hope they can really build airplanes :uzi:

that was pick at LegacyDriver :laugh:

Holy crap Legacy, you have a record for number of post on one page now!

The clacker is the second warning and it's for an overspeed, the first warning sound was the alert for the autopilot being disconnected.

Latest resources

Back