• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CVG no more!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My guess is that JFK will go very junior on the FO side... Probably get some upgrades for the left seat...Might top out around a high 1200 or low 1300 #. Depends on how many left seaters they keep in CVG and or how many will take a right seat displacement.

Hopefully the JFK bid comes out in a few weeks.

I've heard a lot (some) of Florida Captain commuters might look at JFK because of the 20+ flights a day between the markets. Easy commute....maybe.

This is news to me....Comair has a JFK domicle now? I've been out of the loop for awhile...I use to live in CVG...I don't miss it, but I miss jumpseating on you guys.
I'm one of the many poor Dornier saps who got F'ed by ACA errrr Indy...

cmrflyer said:
I'm going back down to Orlando, so long cincy, you sh!t hole.

Lucky B@stard!! I just missed it by a couple #s!!

I just wonder how many of the crusty senior FOs will entrench themselves there and not bother to upgrade. I was hoping that with the new A/C deliveries, they'd go ahead and upgrade. On the good side, I just moved up 58#s for the commute, and have a better chance at the 21:55 j/s, woohoo!!

...still pondering if I want to try for the JFK junior CA slot... Hmm, commuting on reserve...to JFK...maybe not quite yet!

Good Job Randy!! I hope I get lucky with JFK too...stop in for Pizza anytime your in NYC brotha.

hovernut,

It is not luck. I was based in orlando my first three years here, I moved to cincy when they closed the base. I have put up with the crappy weather here for two and a half years. I have given up an upgrade just to be senior enough to hold orlando.
I think you have been here for about two years now, good luck on holding jfk as a captain.
If you had stayed in sanford you would be really senior and crust there too.

Yeah, I hear ya. There's a couple of those fellas at SFB who could be CAs now, but one's still teaching CFIs and the other is still 'flying' his Corvette ;) Had I not left the academy for a few months back in 2000 to help with the fire mitigation back in Los Alamos, I would've had the senority to hold MCO. I actually thought one of the awardees had been terminated, but in viewing EPIC, I see that individual is back on line. Union must have gotten the job back.

I just feel sorry for some of the senior CAs that made the move to 'nasty for QOL, only to have this come down now. I just hope MCO will be around for a while this time! And maybe expand just a bit more? I hear CHQ is ramping up FLL....maybe we can backfill the MCO slots?!

I will, however, enjoy a bit more seniority in CVG and hopefully hold more days off to play over the summer months.

Latest resources

Back