• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CVG no more!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hey Tub & Av. I see almost all the gang's here.
Hey, anybody see any good basketball games lately?
My Heels won, I'm going to GSO, and I'm off for 12 days now and taking my son out to New Mexico to cowboy for a week. Take me now Lord, it won't get any better than this!

My guess is that Kermit will go to GSO. It seems like a drive from Raleigh would be easier than a commute to CVG. I know Prodigal thinks the drive is easier for sure. ( at $2.25 per gallon that is going to be expensive.) I am considering GSO at the end of summer if there are any slots open. Gotta stay here for the summer and eat the mystery chili, and hang out with the smoking heavy peeps here.

GEARSLINGER said:
My guess is that Kermit will go to GSO. It seems like a drive from Raleigh would be easier than a commute to CVG. I know Prodigal thinks the drive is easier for sure. ( at $2.25 per gallon that is going to be expensive.) I am considering GSO at the end of summer if there are any slots open. Gotta stay here for the summer and eat the mystery chili, and hang out with the smoking heavy peeps here.

Even at $2.25/gal I'll come out ahead by the time you figure in one night at the Baymont usually. I have to drive 35 minutes to the CLT airport anyway, so it's only about an hour drive more, net.

AvJunke said:
Who are you calling old man viejo? Come on Prodigal, what is it you don't like? The mystery meet these people call chili, the oversized women, or the beautiful weather from Nov. to March? Congrats on GSO.

ALL of the above.
I'll be thinking about you poor schlubs in a couple of days when I'm enjoying a cold one (no, not a CMR FA) on the veranda at Sadies in Albuquerque, along with their awesome carne adovada. Now I'm off to pick up the little muchacho from school. Quality time time.

Last edited:
I will be thinking about you out there drinking a cervesa watching the sun go down, while I'm up here waiting for the M/F pager to go off so that I can come out and fly in all of the spring storms this month for the 60 hours of pay!
Have a great vacation traveling man.

prodigal said:
ALL of the above.
I'll be thinking about you poor schlubs in a couple of days when I'm enjoying a cold one (no, not a CMR FA) on the veranda at Sadies in Albuquerque, along with their awesome carne adovada. Now I'm off to pick up the little muchacho from school. Quality time time.

mmmmm, Sadies! I miss my green chile! Been a while since I've had a margarita at La Hacienda in old town....too long! Enjoy the 'Land of Enchantment!'

since this is becoming our own class thread I figured I would jump back in since I don't see all you guys much anymore with 2 days to the JFK award announcement, I CAN HARDLY CONTAIN MYSELF, you'll hear more from me on FRIDAY!!! but anyway, when this round of bids and bases is done we should all pick our favorite city of fun and meet their for Wine, Women, and WH@)&$!!!

PS-I can't wait to fly with Lance and bust his B@!!$ about taking a Cap slot, also listening to him struggle talking to NY Approach!!!! and getting my crashpad money back.....ooohh the fun.

Hi,

What's up with all the Cinci bashing? Don't must of you Comair dudes live in KY anyway. I really would not classify Cinci as a S*** hole. I live about an hour north of the city and it's a great place to raise a family and the area is growing like crazy! I can name a lot of places that are a lot worse than the queen city.
I have worked in this business for a while and have had the privilege to live in some pretty crappy cities. I wish you guys good luck in your new bases!
You guys are awesome to commute on. I have been jumping on you guys for five yrs now.

Take care,

Dorkjetcpt

Hey DorkJetcpt, just wondering, does any Jet Blue pilot actually live in NY? I see a lot of jumpseaters, day to day, and most of them are with Jet Blue. Don't get me wrong, if we have a seat it's yours, but maybe you guys have the right idea. Only go to Ny for work and then call it a day.

It was kind of entertaining the other day. We were doing a CLT-JFK flight and 3 Blue, 2 American, and 2 Airways pilots gots jumpseats. Good thing it wasn't full cause a lot guys might have missed work. :)

Latest resources

Back