• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CVG based crews....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh and be prepared for when it snows, more than a couple inches of snow and the whole Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati area shuts down for a couple days. The way the city handled the "blizzard" (9 inches of snow is not a blizzard) was pathetic.

Oh and be prepared for when it snows, more than a couple inches of snow and the whole Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati area shuts down for a couple days. The way the city handled the "blizzard" (9 inches of snow is not a blizzard) was pathetic.

Uh, everywhere south of I-80 in the Midwest is like that...

This is actually kind of funny...folks from there talk about how Cincy isn't a bad place to be, while the transplants by and large can't stand it. These are probably the same folks that proclaim the superior attributes of cities like Boston, NYC, SanFran, Chicago and LA while your average midwestern native could care less about either coast.

Some folks see traffic and expensiveness, where others see entertainment and activity. Some folks see lack of culture and too much conservativeness while others see good values by which to raise a family. I guess it all boils down to perspective...

Uh, everywhere south of I-80 in the Midwest is like that...

This is actually kind of funny...folks from there talk about how Cincy isn't a bad place to be, while the transplants by and large can't stand it. These are probably the same folks that proclaim the superior attributes of cities like Boston, NYC, SanFran, Chicago and LA while your average midwestern native could care less about either coast.

Some folks see traffic and expensiveness, where others see entertainment and activity. Some folks see lack of culture and too much conservativeness while others see good values by which to raise a family. I guess it all boils down to perspective...
Yup...I'm not "native" but I do really like CVG. It's all those things and more...but I'm not willing to move. I wouldn't trade if for the world at this point.

This is not Chili, no matter what they call it in cincitucky

Cincinnati Chili Recipe 1 large onion chopped
1 pound extra-lean ground beef
1 clove
garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon red (cayenne) pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa or 1/2 ounce grated unsweetened
chocolate
1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 (16-ounce) package uncooked dried
spaghetti pasta
Toppings (see below)

There is nothing wrong with putting chili on pasta. However, Cincinnati "chili" is not real chili. Chili is supposed to be more like a spicy stew, not a sweat soup.

There is nothing wrong with putting chili on pasta. However, Cincinnati "chili" is not real chili. Chili is supposed to be more like a spicy stew, not a sweat soup.

Says who?? It is obviously recognized all over the country as a type of chili. Just because it's not YOUR style doesn't mean it isn't one style.....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back