• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CVG based crews....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You make it sound like you would've had to swim across. ;) Where's BoilerUp? Doesn't Kentucky have bridges?

On a hardship tour of 3 days full of beer and steak in Orlando...

Kentucky has bridges, yes. Newport/Cincy has a hell of a lot more bridges crossing the Ohio Crick than Louisville does! I'm ready to move over to S. Indiana because that's 1. where my plane is based and 2. crossing the Kennedy Bridge (I-65) is just as bad as the Capitol Beltway in rush hour. Okay, I'm joking, its not a tenth as bad as that was.

I generally bash on Ohio and all things buckeye as a matter of habit, but Cincy is a pretty good place to be in my opinion and I don't just say that because I'm from 80 miles south on I-75. NO Skyline Chililand ain't Boston, LA or Miami but the cost of living is less than half and there's lots of good folks making a living out there.

I lived in the DC metro area for over a year, and really liked it...Washington is a beautiful city. The Frederick/Rockville area is very nice with TONS of stuff to but the whole shooting match was just too damn crowded and too damn expensive.

Happily back in the midwest,

BoilerUP

:D

If you're used to culture, open minded people, good restaurants, and good nightlife, you will hate Cincinnati. The worst three years of my life were spent in that hellhole. Oh, and have you noticed how the people born and raised there are claiming it's the best place in the world or are talking about where they went to high school? Get to used to it...that's all you'll hear. What a dump!

Cincy blows!!! Always has and always will, but if you are based at Lunken then check out Mt lookout or Hyde park. Decent nightlife and pretty close to the airport. Good luck.

P.S. Skyline isn't Chili!!!

And I quit a flying job in NY without even having any interviews lined up just so I could get the hell out of that place.......

Give it a rest, we know you don't like Cincinnati and that's fine - to each his own - but just because you hated it here doesn't make it a bad place to live.

And I care why you left NY?? He asked for opinions on Cinci and I gave him mine, Im sorry that you take such offense to that. Just being honest to an outsider coming in. Cheers!! :beer:

If you're used to culture, open minded people, good restaurants, and good nightlife, you will hate Cincinnati. The worst three years of my life were spent in that hellhole. Oh, and have you noticed how the people born and raised there are claiming it's the best place in the world or are talking about where they went to high school? Get to used to it...that's all you'll hear. What a dump!

We all know what they say about opinions! Ditto, with the "glad your gone" statement.

Well definetly some interesting posts here, to say the least... Thanks to everyone who had something to contribute.

I just got into town this morning and will be checking out the area for a few days. I guess I'll just have to see what all the fuss is about myself.

Thanks again.

chili in cinncinasty is not chili. It is some spaghetti sauce, burnt stuff from the bottom of the pan hybrid that only natives enjoy.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back