CVG based crews....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
twa said:
Ok, so I didn't win the "know your cincy high crime areas" prize for today. But the area right around lunken is still a sh!t hole.
Then don't spout off like you do.
the only "sh!t hole" part would be to the south.....and that is made up of one major street before you hit the river
Kellog? And, by the time you get to the California area, you've got yacht clubs, Salem Road and the like.

Kellog? And, by the time you get to the California area, you've got yacht clubs, Salem Road and the like.

Very true....I was thinking more along the little bit of Eastern Ave. that is nearby. But, what you said just illustrates my (our) point even more. Lunken is definitely not in a bad part of town.

Wow...some really ignorant posts on here. I grew up near Lunken, in Mt. Washington and have lived in Columbus, OH and Brooklyn, NY. I still live in Columbus, but Cincinnati is most definitely a good place to live. I am based out of CVG, but go to LUK frequently for the awesome blading trail. During the summer, Four Seasons marina just off the departure end of 21L, has a driving range, beach volleyball, pool, and tiki bar/restaurant. Lots of fun! Look at Mt. Lookout...it's a decently priced area, very close to LUK, has a suburban feel but also a "square" with bars, stores, and it's close to the "ritzier" Hyde Park. Mt. Adams is closer to downtown...very fun...great for the 20's & 30's crowd, but pricier. As far as KY, Newport & Covington are decent...lotsa nightlife, but maybe not necessarily the safest. If you want more info, feel free to PM me.

LUK is a fun airport but, be careful what you say and who you say it to. It's a soap opera! "As Lunken Turns". Everybody knows everybody. I was based there for a while. People are kinda fun to watch.

The whole area is that way. Everybody cares not about where you're from, but what high school you went to. They don't like to associate with outsiders too much.

I will sell you a nice house in "generic suburbia" if you like so I can get out of here. Cost of living around Cincinnati is very low, but there is a reason for that...

Up in "Funnytown?" Which, ironically enough isn't even a "town."

I live in PR/K Heights...right on the border. Have been here for 11 years...so I'm still not much better than a visitor in Cincy!

I think it's a great town...you make it right for you. If you hate it, think about why. That's likely your excuse for hating anywhere you live.

I think it's still way too conservative...but there again, you find people you like and make it work.

For those of you who know Northside. Where else could you find a neighborhood of Hillbillys, Gays and Blacks...all getting along? Or Mt. Adams where the Irish Catholics and the German Catholics BOTH built huge churches to out do the other? Where VINE Street seperates Eastsiders (Skyline eaters) and Westsiders (Gold Star eaters)? Are you for Moeller, St X or Elder? Eh, who cares? "Please?"

It's a unique town and I wouldn't trade it for the world. If you don't like it, move and commute.

St. x State football champs and soon to be basketball champs after they get through Withrow.

St x 96 alumni here.

Yes when you go to a bar and they ask you what school you went to they mean high school not college.

Also Skyline kicks Gold stars a$$

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back