• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cutting in Line

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How about letting the pilots, who have all had security background checks, skip the line?

We wouldn't want pilots to gain acess to the cockpit with a nail file, they could use it to sharpen the crash axe.:rolleyes:

Because non-screening is reserved exclusively for the airport cleaners and vendors who don't speak English and who come from countries where there is no documentation to be found, assuming there ever was a background check at all. In BOS once, post 9-11, our FA couldn't open the plastic wrap on a bag of snacks, so a non-English speaking cleaning lady literally pulled out a knife to slice it open.

Here's a great stand-up (non-PC) summary of the stupidity of the whole process:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2006/08/jimmyshubert-video.html

Hey, its public transportation in the sky. If you don't like it, go fly in a corportate jet. Can't afford it? Stop acting like such a snob.

Honestly, I've been called every name in the book by PAX. I've been held responsible for wx, atc, mx, etc. So in the end.......I don't care. If they're mad at me for cutting, they can apologise to me later.

Amen, and why we don't use our unions to put pressure on the TSA and Airports to allow us to use our credentials to skip this absurd process is way beyond me! We are fling the airplanes they are screening our access to! It doesnt change because we allow it to go on.

I digress!

They do...

Do you back the PAC?

Oh you must mean......not the best way to treat the people whose vacations you subsidized with your pay cut?

It's ok....you can put down the crack pipe now.

I would say two words to that idiot.....Bite me.

I'd stand in line to bite you.... on second thought... I'd cut in front of that line too.....

:beer:

Last edited:
So, TSA opens up a seperate crew only line in an outstation like SYR, BGM, or BTV. Pax would still complain, asking why they can't use the empty line or why are all those gov't paid TSA agents just standing around wasting time and money? This is a lose/lose situation for airports and TSA.

Having a seperate crew line in ORD doesn't seem to help, the airport people just let the pax into that line too, so we're just back to cutting. Wonderful...

Having a seperate crew line in ORD doesn't seem to help, the airport people just let the pax into that line too, so we're just back to cutting. Wonderful...
Yeah, I dont get it. At ORD yesterday I went throught the employee line, and had to cut about 30 PAX who were not employees.

The nice part of ORD is that if you park in the employee lot, and then take the bus in you get dropped off right at the terminal, and dont have to go through security at all.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back