• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cutting in Line

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I had a guy complain the other day after a reduced rest overnight when our crew skipped to the front of a fairly long line. He asked why we couldn't just get there earlier like the rest of the passengers. I explained that during our 8.5 hour so called "rest" period we spent the first 15 minutes waiting for the van, 15 minutes on the van to and from the airport for a total of 30 minutes, we hadn't eaten since lunch so we walked down the road for some fast food which took 45 minutes, plus time spent in the morning to wake up and get ready which takes me about 25-35 minutes. That left 6.5 hours to try and wind down and sleep in a strange bed. I asked him if he would rather have a crew that is well rested that jumps in line or would he rather have us show up earlier to wait in line and lose another hour or so of sleep.

He got the point.

Having a seperate crew line in ORD doesn't seem to help, the airport people just let the pax into that line too, so we're just back to cutting. Wonderful...

Is that what that is? I normally go out of MDW (where I cut in line with a passion) I recently went out of ORD and I was watching some girl dressed up in those wannabe cammo pants take about 54 minutes to go through screening. WTF?!?

You know what? Screw that guy, going to the front of the security line is the one privlidge of this job anymore. Who cares what some suto rich uptight jerk says.

There is absolutely no reason that flight crews cannot be issued credit card like id's. When inserted into a security screening area it will allow the crewmember through.

If you report your credit card stolen, it is immediately shown as denied when you try to use it. Same goes for these ID's. If an employee is terminated, poof, no more access because using a call in system they can terminate the use of the ID card.

This must be fairly economical or banks/credit card companies would not use it. Plus the same technology could be used to implement it.

Is it really that tough to let the crews bypass this whole dog and pony show?

How about letting the pilots, who have all had security background checks, skip the line?

We wouldn't want pilots to gain acess to the cockpit with a nail file, they could use it to sharpen the crash axe.:rolleyes:

I can't believe how many pilots just don't get this concept...

The government and the TSA trust you as a pilot...they just don't know for sure who the F&ck you really are!!! Any 10 year old with photoshop and an HP scanner/printer can print his own airline badge, take it to kinko's for lamination and presto, he's a pilot! Achmed can probably figure this out too...

What we need is a high-security biometric ID system...like retina scans. Good luck forging that, Abdul...

In the meantime, we just have to get screened.

Last edited:
Right, so TSA screeners cannot stop them from getting through their little checkpoints anyway, so whats the point! If anyone can fake through, let us get past. It would actually be more secure if te gate agents checked our names/ID's in Ops, and only let the actual crew to the plane.

OK Idiots

Here goes.

The enemy is constantly observing and testing our security system. The inconsistentcies and illogical measures, such as searching a white bread cracker grandma, actually serve the purpose of making it difficult to figure the system out. We work "here" and we don't have it figured out. That's a good thing.

I'm glad the enemy sees "even the pilots" go through security. And I'm glad they see the system implemented a little different everywhere.

Think about it you morons. If it were guaranteed every pilot could get through security without any scrutiny, you could find yourself smuggling a bomb, while some towel-headed MFer held a gun to your kid's head. Sounds like a mix of fiction and the very real UK bank jobs. Don't forget, Clancy wrote about a suicide airline attack years before 911.

What we need is a high-security biometric ID system...like retina scans. Good luck forging that, Abdul...

In the meantime, we just have to get screened.

They are working on something. Its the Transportation Workers Identification card with biometric stuff.

We have society's losers working at the check points. They suck off the tit of government to supplement their meager existence. These are not highly trained individuals working checkpoints. They let babies get xrayed. They steal from the traveling public. They let weapons onto concourses and then shut down the concourses after the weapon is already in the secure area. The reason we can't figure the system out is because the people running the asylum are as crazy as the inmates. There is no rhyme or reason to it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back