• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cutting in Line

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To dust off an old chestnut, if I may...you could look them square in the eye (Ben Stiller Style) and say, "Read the name tag, you're in my world now Grandma" :D

Not the best of way to treat the people that pay your salary. Remember the old saying, "If we don't take care our our customers, someone else will"

What other industry requires it's employees to go through the same line as the customers just to get to work?

Why should we wait for every damn person to take 10 minutes to go through a metal detector, then go through 3 more times as they strip off shoes, jewelry and whatever else they have in their pockets when I can get through in 10 seconds?

Amen, and why we don't use our unions to put pressure on the TSA and Airports to allow us to use our credentials to skip this absurd process is way beyond me! We are fling the airplanes they are screening our access to! It doesnt change because we allow it to go on.

I digress!

= I have it down to a science; while they're on their second beep at the magnetometer and being hand wanded, I'll be a dream that once was.

Exactly! :beer:I hold up the line for a total of 5 seconds to throw my stuff on the belt and not set off the alarm. If someone starts to complain, I can be through security before they even finish their ignorant complaining sentence. If we didn't cut in line there would be complaints that flights are late. People just like complaining regardless of what is happening. Most of that is the fact that there is no consideration for anyone else these days, its all about me, myself and I (and as someone else said, saving $5).

people who complain about this are idiots...they have to stop thinking about themselves and think of the big picture. At the same time crews need to be respectful.

We have too many airports with non-centralized security lines that can't afford a separate employee line.

I just don't give a frog's fat a$$ about those %$!?'s. That's why I fly cargo and I don't feel bad cutting in line. Those people can kiss my a$$ for all I care. Why don't they go through all the b.s. it takes to get in a pilot uniform and then.....after all those years, they can cut in line too.

I've learned much here today.

I ask if I can cut, both in TSA lines (and food courts, if I don't have time to wait) knowing full well I'm going to cut whether they like it or not. Usually the pax are courteous and sometimes they grumble a little. If a pax ever says "NO" or tries to give me $hit, they'll be waiting in "The Icebox" for a nice long cavity search coutresy of an Airline Professional "concerned with their aggressive behavior".

To dust off an old chestnut, if I may...you could look them square in the eye (Ben Stiller Style) and say, "Read the name tag, you're in my world now Grandma" :D

Yeah,

You fags who are afraid to cut the line are a punch of b1tches. Go, it's your job, it's your privilege, who cares if the cattle has been waiting for an hour, you are in uniform and have bigger fish to fry!

It's not your fault the airport couldn't get one TSA tool to do a crew only line, either that or you just don't know about it.

You'd be whining and moaning if you couldn't cut the line too, I bet.

The same guy who is complaining about the AA pilot cutting in front of him takes advantage of every perk that his job affords him. Sooo, F OFF idiot!

That's a keeper!:beer:

Usually, I'll toss out the "mind if I cut," while throwing the bags on the conveyor. Most people don't seem to mind. I have seen some people get frustrated when 2 or 3 crews cut in at the same time. Waiting in line for 10 minutes only to have a dozen crewmembers roll up and butt in may be a little frustrating. But, again, a kind word usually goes a long way.

This article is just another reason to go get the FFDO training.:uzi:

Latest resources

Back