Cutting in Line

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here goes.

The enemy is constantly observing and testing our security system. The inconsistentcies and illogical measures, such as searching a white bread cracker grandma, actually serve the purpose of making it difficult to figure the system out. We work "here" and we don't have it figured out. That's a good thing.

I'm glad the enemy sees "even the pilots" go through security. And I'm glad they see the system implemented a little different everywhere.

Think about it you morons. If it were guaranteed every pilot could get through security without any scrutiny, you could find yourself smuggling a bomb, while some towel-headed MFer held a gun to your kid's head. Sounds like a mix of fiction and the very real UK bank jobs. Don't forget, Clancy wrote about a suicide airline attack years before 911.

Again....exactly why its safer to have crews access the aircraft through operations, where their identities can be checked by an operations agent against the flight release, which lists the crewmembers names. Of course, I'm talking crewmwmbers working a given flight. Deadheaders, non-revs and commuters should still be subject to screening, but how is my plan any less safe or any more likely to lead to terrorists getting on board.

Here goes.

The enemy is constantly observing and testing our security system. The inconsistentcies and illogical measures, such as searching a white bread cracker grandma, actually serve the purpose of making it difficult to figure the system out. We work "here" and we don't have it figured out. That's a good thing.

I'm glad the enemy sees "even the pilots" go through security. And I'm glad they see the system implemented a little different everywhere.

Think about it you morons. If it were guaranteed every pilot could get through security without any scrutiny, you could find yourself smuggling a bomb, while some towel-headed MFer held a gun to your kid's head. Sounds like a mix of fiction and the very real UK bank jobs. Don't forget, Clancy wrote about a suicide airline attack years before 911.

Umm, ever see who doesn't have to go through security? How hard is it to get that job? I think if you had your GED you could land that job. Does Lockerbie ring a bell? Sure, they require background checks nowadays but some whacko who has a clean record could bypass security and access an airplane with ease.

I am referring to the people without whom you would be on the unemployment line...the customers. You don't like your pay? Quit. But don't take it out on the customers.

So you are saying that it is ok for the MacDonalds employee to cut in front but it is not ok for the Pilot? I don't think that it has anything to do with the pilot, it has everything to do with the complaintant's attitude. He truly thinks that he is better than us "underlings". The rules allow for the line cutting and most times I am told by the initial screener checking my ID to go to the front of the line whether I am in uniform or not.

About a month ago I get through the line pick up a tray and go to the end of the table with about 8 people in front of me. So this idiot in a suit starts to give me crap to impress his secretary. I just leaned over between the two of them as whispered "watch this." I grabbed my rollerboard and tray and went right to the front of line. When I finished getting dressed on the other side, I made sure we make eye contact and winked at him...Priceless

About a month ago I get through the line pick up a tray and go to the end of the table with about 8 people in front of me. So this idiot in a suit starts to give me crap to impress his secretary. I just leaned over between the two of them as whispered "watch this." I grabbed my rollerboard and tray and went right to the front of line. When I finished getting dressed on the other side, I made sure we make eye contact and winked at him...Priceless
I love it, I would have paid to see his reaction!

Forging an ID is easy, but forging a boarding pass is easier.

But getting through ops to the aircraft without the rest of your crew who knows you and an ops agent checking your name and ID against the dispatch release is very difficult! This IS the best way, and allows crews to avoid the hassle of security.

Right....and they would have all been hired by American Airlines (which by the way requires Federal backround checks) worked long enough to hold Captain and senior FO, bid the same trip and then take down a jet! Absurd! And even if they did, they could do the same if they went through security or bypassed through operations!! How would security screening change anything? Admit it. Security screening for working crews is absurd and useless!

But getting through ops to the aircraft without the rest of your crew who knows you and an ops agent checking your name and ID against the dispatch release is very difficult! This IS the best way, and allows crews to avoid the hassle of security.

A gentle reminder here that all the procedures being discussed here are NEED TO KNOW. The enemy is watching. Loose lips and all.

And I believe the article was pertaining to a non-rev pilot making the above a mute point.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back