Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PlaneDrvr said:
Hey 747flyboy,

Why are you even commenting on what "KEVDOG" (or any like that had to say here, or anywhere else), as he doesn't work for CAT, and hasn't for about 2 yrs. Furthermore, when he did work for CAT, he was an IDIOT, and thus is 'still' and IDIOT!! (less even than a "idiot savant," as even an idiot savant has 'at least one special skill or talant').

The 'fact' that you 'argue' with people like that on the internet, kinda makes people wonder what your 'skill level' is, and what "information" that You are going by?? "Who cares?"

And, before you start 'arguing' with me 'here,' I am just making an observation; and this observation is coming from a person who is 'knowledgeable' (about CAT and the industry as a whole), and is furthermore, a successful businessman in my own right.

I am a pilot with CAT, "furloughed" of course, and personal I have not heard that you have been 'fired' but nor do I care whether you have been 'fired.'

What is obvious is that your "BOSS" as you describe him, has no idea as to whether "he" wants to buy CAT or not. This can be viewed as a reflection on the advice that you are giving "Your BOSS" and you knowledge of the airline/aviation business.

I am just an airline pilot/Captain, with about 20yrs. experience in the airline business (cargo, pax, scheduled, non-sched); and I can tell YOU at least a half a dozen avenues that CAT can persue to generate revenues, income/profits. I believe that CAT has even looked into some of these opportunities (some, even they may not have thought of); however, the major problem has been a "lack of commitment" on the part of Mr. Romeo. It has been quite clear for the last yr or so, that Mr. Romeo Doesn't Not want to be in the airline/aviation business "Longterm" and this has driven his business decisions regarding CAT; thus he has declined to "invest" in a future for CAT.

If "Your BOSS" cannot even make a decision as to whether he wants to buy CAT, I serious doubt if "he" knows how to make money with an airline, and lacks the desire to invest the capital needed to make money?

The current "indecision" about the 'future' of CAT has resulted in CAT losing one of its most "valuable" resources; its "most Experienced people." I have had at least 2-3 job offers, as I know that most of the "experienced" CAT crewmembers have had.

If "Your BOSS" cannot decide what he wants to do NOW, not sure if he will be able to decide (assuming he buys CAT), what he wants to do a yr. or two yrs. from now.

Additionally, I have worked for CAT for over 3 yrs, and most Your comments about the company, the people, management, and the way the company was operated, must be based on "mis-information." I am not sure where you are getting your information from, "rumor or online message boards?" Again, as I said, kinda makes me wonder "where You are getting Your information from?"

And Again, Don't know whether You have been 'fired' but most of all, DON'T CARE!

I replied to your post, which said:

"How does it feel to be in the same boat with the rest of us flyboy? Heard you got canned."

You're joining in with the idiots that believe this.
So....who did you hear it from? Got a name you can PM me? I'd love to have it.

Read my Post!!

747flyboy said:
I replied to your post, which said:

"How does it feel to be in the same boat with the rest of us flyboy? Heard you got canned."

You're joining in with the idiots that believe this.
So....who did you hear it from? Got a name you can PM me? I'd love to have it.

Hey 747flyboy,

You weren't replying to my post!!

I am not "joining with the idiots that believe this," Again, read my post. I don't know whether you have been "canned" fired, whatever; but as I said, DON'T CARE!! What difference does it make to you, and more important, why do you care?? You seem to be the one who is "joining in with the idiots" in even caring what people say/think on a 'message board'????

If that is all that YOU got out of my post, then you obviously did not 'read or comprehend' it??

Again, because you did not get it the first time, "I don't know whether you have been fired, but even more than that, "DON'T CARE." As I said in my post. And, again, KEVDOG is an idiot, was an idiot when he worked for CAT, so I am just guessing (and obvious from his 'posts' here), he is 'still an idiot.'

I am 'far from an idiot' and don't engage in 'arguements on internet' with idiots, why do you think that I have never posted a reply to anything that "KEVDOG" has had to say here.

PlaneDrvr said:
Hey 747flyboy,

Why are you even commenting on what "KEVDOG" (or any like that had to say here, or anywhere else), as he doesn't work for CAT, and hasn't for about 2 yrs. Furthermore, when he did work for CAT, he was an IDIOT, and thus is 'still' and IDIOT!! (less even than a "idiot savant," as even an idiot savant has 'at least one special skill or talant').

The 'fact' that you 'argue' with people like that on the internet, kinda makes people wonder what your 'skill level' is, and what "information" that You are going by?? "Who cares?"

And, before you start 'arguing' with me 'here,' I am just making an observation; and this observation is coming from a person who is 'knowledgeable' (about CAT and the industry as a whole), and is furthermore, a successful businessman in my own right.

I am a pilot with CAT, "furloughed" of course, and personal I have not heard that you have been 'fired' but nor do I care whether you have been 'fired.'

What is obvious is that your "BOSS" as you describe him, has no idea as to whether "he" wants to buy CAT or not. This can be viewed as a reflection on the advice that you are giving "Your BOSS" and you knowledge of the airline/aviation business.

I am just an airline pilot/Captain, with about 20yrs. experience in the airline business (cargo, pax, scheduled, non-sched); and I can tell YOU at least a half a dozen avenues that CAT can persue to generate revenues, income/profits. I believe that CAT has even looked into some of these opportunities (some, even they may not have thought of); however, the major problem has been a "lack of commitment" on the part of Mr. Romeo. It has been quite clear for the last yr or so, that Mr. Romeo Doesn't Not want to be in the airline/aviation business "Longterm" and this has driven his business decisions regarding CAT; thus he has declined to "invest" in a future for CAT.

If "Your BOSS" cannot even make a decision as to whether he wants to buy CAT, I serious doubt if "he" knows how to make money with an airline, and lacks the desire to invest the capital needed to make money?

The current "indecision" about the 'future' of CAT has resulted in CAT losing one of its most "valuable" resources; its "most Experienced people." I have had at least 2-3 job offers, as I know that most of the "experienced" CAT crewmembers have had.

If "Your BOSS" cannot decide what he wants to do NOW, not sure if he will be able to decide (assuming he buys CAT), what he wants to do a yr. or two yrs. from now.

Additionally, I have worked for CAT for over 3 yrs, and most Your comments about the company, the people, management, and the way the company was operated, must be based on "mis-information." I am not sure where you are getting your information from, "rumor or online message boards?" Again, as I said, kinda makes me wonder "where You are getting Your information from?"

And Again, Don't know whether You have been 'fired' but most of all, DON'T CARE!

Plandrvr, you should be running the company. I couldn;t have said it better myself. This is a Man who really knows the real CAT and the potential it holds.

PlaneDrvr said:
Hey 747flyboy,

Plandrvr, you should be running the company. I couldn't have said it better myself. This is a Man who really knows the real CAT and the potential it holds. While I'm here, 747flyboy, It's just a message board. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

Last edited:
SevenDos said:
This is a Man who really knows the real CAT and the potential it holds.
The word "potential" and "CAT" in the same sentence? This gave me the best laugh I have had in a while. Well not only do I know the real CAT, I also know the fake CAT, the despicable CAT, the loathsome CAT, the abhorrent CAT, the dishonarable CAT, well you get the picture. That company has done some pretty low down things to people, and they should be ashamed of themselves.

Well back to potential, WHAT??? Several crappy old 727's that are useful for doing what? Could you enlighten me? Fuel prices the way they are, and some operators having cargo doors cut into the much more fuel efficient 737 models, what kind of market is there for an aircraft that burns 1400 gallons per hour. the 737-800 burns 900 an hour. Don't get me wrong, I love the plane, I wish I could go back to the 1960s and 70s and have the chance to fly them for quite some time.

Lets just let this 3rd rate company die. The fact of the matter is that 90% of the CAT pilot ranks consist of guys that can't get pilot jobs elsewhere. This results from problems in ones past, being just too darn old, or being a contract pilot. And I will be man enough to admit, I am in the 90%!:D It may be hard for some of us to realize it now, but we are better off without CAT. We can now move on to the next phase of our lives.

I have 2 words for CAT....Good riddance!!!:beer:

Last edited:
Whatever happened to that Boomlrd guy that was telling Freighnazi that CAT would be flying for UPS even after the integration took place? Looks like Freightnazi has the last laugh!

Yea, I was wrong, but I did say we would be there after the intial year that UPS bought Menlo, and we stayed for 6 extra months, so 50% is not that bad. Anyway, time to move on, no more tears. Is 80for80 another FreightNazi name?? Peace out, I gotta go take a poop.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back