Custom Air Transport

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

aussiefly

Just reading another thread of rumours over at airline pilot central and someone just posted a message saying that they had parked their aircraft and were effectively out of business. I know that they have work for 1 or 2 aircrafts from what I understand but aparently thats about it.

Does anyone know if the rumour is true and its basically game over for CAT. If so it's gotta burn for alot of those PFT'rs that took the 33k internship lol

Can't say they wernt warned enough though. Just look around the boards at some of the threads and it becomes clear what sort of outfit CAT are.

I don't know much about CAT but I hear them on the radio everytime I fly through the southeast. Including this morning.

I had the inside scoup about a month ago, but here it is. About the end of June they are pretty much DONE. They are only keeping one plane so they can keep the certificate alive. My buddy is getting laid off, so if anyone has work for him that would be great. One year as FE and two years in the right seat, awesome guy to party with too.

From the Jet University thread:

Originally Posted by SevenDos
WTF over? Enough of this crap! Nobody buy into this B.S.! CAT will be closing the doors after June 30th. You will be pissing your money away. Take it from somebody who works there!
Vref+factor said:
For anyone who cares, this information is inaccurate. (Take it from someone who ACTUALLY works here). CAT is bound by legal contract to fly their interns no less than 500 hrs. If they fly you 1 hour less, they are in breech of contract and will legally be held liable.

They may be putting a hold on extending the month to month contracts after the 500 hrs is complete however, Jet University is arranging Regional Airline interviews for EVERY pilot who has completed their contract.
SevenDos said:
Dig into your contract sucker, I don't believe they specify the length of time it takes, as long as CAT has a certificate, you get no money back. It could take 10 years to get your flight time and Henry George still has his ass covered. And sadly enough I actually do work at CAT, only I didn't spend 30k.
Vref+Factor said:
You work for the #1 scab of all time, ... Tom Cooper. If you don't believe me, just ask him or any other X Eastern pilot.
Jet U was formed by X Gulfstream employees who got 450 pilots hired since March 2002.
SevenDos said:
Dude, do you not know you work for a scab as well? You don't even know anything about CAT.

Last edited:
Shamus said:
I had the inside scoup about a month ago, but here it is. About the end of June they are pretty much DONE. They are only keeping one plane so they can keep the certificate alive. My buddy is getting laid off, so if anyone has work for him that would be great. One year as FE and two years in the right seat, awesome guy to party with too.

Sorry to hear that about your mate. It's one thing to hate the company but from what I understand most of the pilot group is pretty good (minus interns). I just hope they all manage to fall into some decent jobs as retribution for their time in purgatory.

It should be made clear CAT is most likely not going to go tits up. They do a pretty good job finding work for their airplanes, although this time around 18 is obviously out of the question. I would expect about 3 to fly after June, and then possibly up to 6-8 by the end of the year. That would be my guess. I hope the best for my friends over there!

B747FR8DAWG said:
767? I heard last year that they were considering getting a 747!

i heard they actually acquired a 747 but were never able to get it on the certificate

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back