• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Current PSA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What I'm finding funny about PSA is how long things take, as compared with every other regional. Their class dates are a month to a month and a half out from the interview dates, everyone else is running 2 maybe 3 weeks.

PSA is backed up in training; most places have done this recently, if not currently. Last summer Eagle, XJT, CHQ and TSA had everybody and their uncle trying to get into EMB sims all over the country. I knew one guy that waited TWO MONTHS between systems and sim last year, and one guy who waited at least that long just a couple months ago.

1973Arrow said:
What I'm finding funny about PSA is how long things take, as compared with every other regional. Their class dates are a month to a month and a half out from the interview dates, everyone else is running 2 maybe 3 weeks.

We actually have caught up for once, It's called planning! :) Although things change daily and we could need 10 more people yesterday...It's the airline biz, who knows. When we were hiring 4 per month we instructed HR to continue interviewing and filling the future classes so I am not in the position like we were in last summer of Interviewing on Wednesday and Thursday, for class the following Monday. Makes for difficult things, I like to give the Interviewee the chance to give 2 weeks notice, with the hopes they'll do the same when they leave here. I know we'll lose a few people that want to start yesterday, but that's OK, plenty of fish in the sea.

as "boiler up" has said, we are having problems finding add'l Sim time with the add'l upgrades and new hires with other carriers buying CRJ's, Sim time is becoming harder to come by. Apparently we have contracted additional Sim time in Montreal with Bombardier.

PSACPSP

Last edited:
Unless you're into guys.......

(which I'm not....not that there's anything wrong with that)

reospeedwagon said:
a blow up doll would be a good idea since the flight attendants are hideous.

Latest resources

Back