• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CS announcement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They left out the main part. Once I saw this memo I flipped through looking for a pay chart and didnt see one. Upgrades could push up to 4 years plus now taking away from one of the very small advantages CS had over NJ. By my guess we have about 225 active line captains versus about 140 Fos so if all upgrades are stopped until there is a balance 85 Capts woud need to leave in order for there to be upgrades again. At a guess of an attrition rate of maybe at most 9 a month it will be another 10 months before there would be any need of a new captain. So assuming an unlikely attrition of 9 a month upgrade would be over 3 years all ready but I would say 5 or 6 is a much more likely rate which makes for a 4 year upgrade assuming zero growth. Throw 5 planes a year net growth into the mix and that knock a year off upgrade at the most. I say all this because the FO pay scale is built around a quick upgrade because the pay goes from 40 to 45 to 50 then flattens out severely with only 1,250 a year after that.

the seniority system gives them a legitimate excuse to hold off on upgrades saving them a lot of money. There are two year FOs at this company who have gotten 3 type ratings so the equipment lock fixes this problem.

Maybe so, but at least now it will be a FAIR way of upgrading and knowing where you stand in line, as opposed to who worked more O/T to get an upgrade quicker.

Anything else you would like to ASSume flagshipper?

They left out the main part. Once I saw this memo I flipped through looking for a pay chart and didnt see one. Upgrades could push up to 4 years plus now taking away from one of the very small advantages CS had over NJ. By my guess we have about 225 active line captains versus about 140 Fos so if all upgrades are stopped until there is a balance 85 Capts woud need to leave in order for there to be upgrades again. At a guess of an attrition rate of maybe at most 9 a month it will be another 10 months before there would be any need of a new captain. So assuming an unlikely attrition of 9 a month upgrade would be over 3 years all ready but I would say 5 or 6 is a much more likely rate which makes for a 4 year upgrade assuming zero growth. Throw 5 planes a year net growth into the mix and that knock a year off upgrade at the most. I say all this because the FO pay scale is built around a quick upgrade because the pay goes from 40 to 45 to 50 then flattens out severely with only 1,250 a year after that.

Last edited:
Yeah that post was a lot of ASSumption. I for one am happy about the seniority system so at least I will know where I stand when it comes time to make my NJ decision hopefully. RCA, Upgrade times are always a guess. It could be a year for new hires or we could be furloughed tomorrow. I am simply throwing some numbers out there for people who are considering coming here and are being told 2 to 2.5 years for upgrade. They deserve to know the truth. Also this entire new memo was made without any input from the pilot group by way of a focus group or even input from the round table meetings. That is a little disconcerning. For a company that openly states they want no union on the property they do make some irresponsible decisions that don't help their cause.

No sense in argueing with RCA, he has made up his mind without any facts. It is all knee jerk reaction sans any common sense. He is a lost cause.

I think in his case the R in RCA stands for RETARDED!

Latest resources

Back