CRJs limited to 250 KIAS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can't remember!

Just exactly was that CDL. I have been out of the lime light for a little over a year and can't remember a 250 KIAS CDL. I am just curious, not implying you are wrong. Thanks in advance.:)

I had something similar to this last week. A deferrel of part of the BTMS required the gear to remain down for 10 minutes which limited us to 250 kts.

Anything that has anything to do with the gear system. Landing gear doors, door brushes, as well as anything that would keep the gear fixed down.

I've flown several of these types of deferrals over the last few months. Things have a tendency of not getting fixed around here lately, mostly due to lack of parts.

The aircraft will often have the part in question replaced from a perfectly good working aircraft, then THAT aircraft will be DMI'd for 7 days. Seen it a couple times now, it buys the company time...

p.s. That's pretty funny Rook... brought back memories - haven't seen that movie in a while. :)

Tim47SIP said:
Just exactly was that CDL. I have been out of the lime light for a little over a year and can't remember a 250 KIAS CDL. I am just curious, not implying you are wrong. Thanks in advance.:)

missing gear doors. i think that it's CDL 32-12. this CDL takes a weight hit depending on which flaps setting you use. it also takes a 0.7% burn penalty.

I heard that the restriction in speed is due to an AD put out by the Feds restricting speed to 230kts because the low time pilots flying them are having a hard time keeping ahead of the plane. The AD does NOT apply to pilots that have attended Riddle's high speed aerodynamics course. As they have shown on paper that they can handle the speed of the CRJ.

^^^^ please tell me you didnt take a picture of yourself and use it as an avitar.

E170Guppykiller said:
I heard that the restriction in speed is due to an AD put out by the Feds restricting speed to 230kts because the low time pilots flying them are having a hard time keeping ahead of the plane. The AD does NOT apply to pilots that have attended Riddle's high speed aerodynamics course. As they have shown on paper that they can handle the speed of the CRJ.

Wow, this guy is really letting the flamebait out all over the place. Too bad for that dorky kid in his avatar, he'll get his @$$ kicked if he shows up anywhere the regionals fly; better take the train. What was this thread about? And btw, the name CaptainObvious was already taken.

HaHa! I thought GuppyKiller's post was pretty damn funny. And more than likely contains more truth than fiction! I'm a CAPT grad! Yehaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Give me an RJ!

P.S. Guppy, lose the avatar if that is you.

Latest resources

Back