Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sgt. Hartman

What do we get for $10?
In the past couple of weeks I have heard more than one CRJ tell ATC that they are limited to 250 knots for the entire flight. Why is this? I hope that the gear wasn't stuck down.

Reduce to Payroll Power!!!

it's because pinnacle pilots kept exceeding the 250 knot limit below 10,000. it was getting to be such an epidemic that they decided to limit all their crjs to 250 knots all the time.

if you aren't smarter than the rules, than the rules will have to be changed.

I'm sorry, I couldn't find smooth air anywhere! Back to turbulence penetration speed we go. Wouldn't want to bend the airframe in case we hit some extreme turbulence in this severe clear weather. ;)

jackbo said:
it's because pinnacle pilots kept exceeding the 250 knot limit below 10,000. it was getting to be such an epidemic that they decided to limit all their crjs to 250 knots all the time.

As Eddie Murphy said in 48hrs... Ha Ha.......Ha.

Tool

Bongo said:
I'm sorry, I couldn't find smooth air anywhere! Back to turbulence penetration speed we go. Wouldn't want to bend the airframe in case we hit some extreme turbulence in this severe clear weather. ;)

Uhhh...isn't that speed 280 KIAS? ;)

jackbo said:

ha ha ha. the real reason is that we have had quite a few a/c that have a CDL limiting them to 250 kias. this CDL item has to be repaired in 7 days.

Latest resources

Back